Halfway there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Classes are done, got a 100% on the test and this weekend are my checkout dives.

On to the Florida Springs we go. Gonna buy a disposable camera to document them, will post the pics when I return. Thanks for all the advice.

Glad everything went well for you. Everything else is downhill from here :wink:
Oh yeah, make sure that if your skills buddy gets changed up during the checkout dives that you check to make sure their air is all the way on. Towards the end of the day we were floating around in the water waiting to do some skills and the instructor grabbed me and the next nearest person to go down and do skills; well we get down there and have to do the share air skill so she gives me her primary and she takes her AIR2. I blow through the primary to clear out water and when I go to take a breath, NOTHING but water. Whoever her buddy was earlier that day did not check her air supply to ensure it was all the way on, so when we did the skill, apparently it only supplied enough air to support one diver breathing. It was quite scary for a split second. Luckily I'm not the type to panic and my instructor was paying attention to both of us.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom