What dive shop to rent from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, I have seen owner reward the dog for snapping at customers. That's just not cool.
I have heard this a few times now as well. I just haven’t seen it firsthand to say it’s true. But the numbers of people who have said the same thing as you are hard to not believe

There’s dogs at ee fairly regularly too. But all friendly
I'm sure I've petted one. But that's the thing--at EE the dog left no impression on me, while at Dog Outpost that barker certainly did. And maybe left a literal impression on some others. 🤣

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen with severe punishment for the owners and the dog. Owner won’t be laughing when they euthanize the dog and they have to pay a substantial sum.

Never had problem with dog she will bark at you but then come around to be petted never saw the owners encourage the dog to snap at someone. I know some of you guys don’t like the owners but both have treated us great and helped when ever we had a problem. If you don’t like them just don’t go there.

Never had problem with dog she will bark at you but then come around to be petted never saw the owners encourage the dog to snap at someone. I know some of you guys don’t like the owners but both have treated us great and helped when ever we had a problem. If you don’t like them just don’t go there.
The new owners seemed nice enough to me, though I only visited a few times after they took over. Our first visit after they took over, they introduced me to the dog, said he was harmless despite his initial barking, and it indeed seemed so. But the dog's barking EVERY time we parked and tried to get out of the car soon wore on us. Sure, the couple of times we opened the doors slowly and let the dog calm down it worked out, but that is me going out of my way to work around an inconvenience and a delay, when it should be the dive shop owners going out of their way to make the customer's experience convenient and stress-free.

I think the last time we were there we saw a guy (who we later were told was a non-cave diver curious about cave training) who refused to get out of his vehicle for what must have been quite a long time. He seemed genuinely fearful. I felt bad for him, even if we were told later he came off as a bit of an oddball. Sure, a business can't foresee every phobia a customer might have, but I still felt bad for him. There is no reason for this kind of "welcome" by a business.

No offense Jim, but you should probably be clear that you are the former owner.
Former, and he still uses them. That's pretty rare in the Scuba industry. I use them too.

There is no reason for this kind of "welcome" by a business.

Certainly, I've mentioned I like dogs more than I like most people. But the difference is how the owners respond.

CA's Maverick when he was a puppy a few years ago nipped me when I attempted to pet it, what did they do they told him no and put him in his crate. Now he is a much calmer dog, and I will sit at the picnic table and pet him.

The dog at EE jumped at me, they yelled at him(?).

It has been a what four years since they took over DO, the dog should be beyond the puppy stage, and while GSD can be active, when trained they can be calmer than other breeds because they take directions well but after over active like a Mal.

Other than getting attacked by a German Shepard or maybe having a gun pulled on me, is there anything else I need to know about DO?

There seems to be a lot more going on. DM if you don’t want to post publicly.

Last time I was there I didn’t get bit or shot but there was kinda a weird vibe. I just assumed it was me (it usually is)

Other than getting attacked by a German Shepard or maybe having a gun pulled on me, is there anything else I need to know about DO?

Your tanks have to be in current hydro and vis, at least per the sign I saw the last time I was there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom