Halloween Costume

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeilJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but everyone here seems pretty handy so I was wondering if you guys had any good ideas.

I will be going to a get together this Halloween and would like to go as a scuba diver. I have everything figured out so far, except the tank and the regulator. I am hoping to be able to put a bottle of alcohol in the tank and hook up a straw so I can drink from the reg.

Any one have any good ideas?
Thanks!!!!!

Do like Sea Hunt ... balsa wood tanks.

Use a stong piece of cardboard tubing (the kind carpet comes rolled on sometimes) and cut a length of it to make your scuba tank. You can use paper mache (remember from grade school) to make a rounded top, or just use foil or something, then paint the whole thing. You can put a buckle latch on the bottom to insert your beverage container (recommend a cammelback) into and have the hose of the camelback (I believe you can even get extended ones) comeout the top in a valve you form (again probably use aluminmum foil).

then it's just a matter of making your regulator looking piece fit around the mouthpiece of the camel back. If possible I'd make the connection between the two hoses (if you're extending the camel back hose) at the bottom of your tank so you can disconnect there to refill your blend.

Speaking from long ago experience, don't wear a wet suit to the party

What Glycereine said, but use a plastic coke bottle in the top to round out the tank.....In fact, if you fit it just right, it can hold your beverage.

A cheap plastic bowl also works good for the top/ bottom of the tank. I'm doing the same, but using poster board to make the tank bodies. My doubles are just too heavy to carry around.

what about a little adapting and some window dressing on one of those hand pump garden sprayers. you can pour in your cocktail of choice, add some ice (those plastic cubes full of water would not water down your drink), pump it up and cold drinks are served for the whole evening. it is the right shape, it is sealed so it wont spill, and I have seen a 1 gallon for about $18. You would have to play with it a little to make the top look like a scuba tank and get the hose/valve to work the way you want it to but I think it would be easy. Hudson is a brand that makes a large variety of them. Check wal-mart or any home and garden store.

be sure to get a new one... don't add alcohol to weed and feed. It tastes horrible.

Thanks everyone for your great ideas. I took a lot of them and went shopping today. Now I just do come cutting, painting, and gluing and it should be done in no time! I originaly thought this was going to be a cheap costume, but $50 worth of supplies adds up. Oh well, I'm hoping it will look good!!!
Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom