Halloween in Santa Barbara?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there!!!
Coming over usually from NorCal.

Jim and I are going to be down from Sacramento doing a lobster dive with Truth Aquatics from Oct. 28-30th. We round-trip from Santa Barbara. We've decided to continue slacking off from work Monday so are staying down south for Halloween. Is there anything great to do Halloween/dive related any time from Saturday night to Sunday night? Parties, underwater pumpkin carving, etc?

Thanks!

Ishie

Come to Goleta Beach on Saturday and join us the annual underwater pumpkin carving contest. UCSB dive club and Paradise are coming. I heard of other clubs may join too. sb_diver should know more detail and hopefully he sees this message and fill in the info.

Since halloween is on sunday, parties should start on Friday night (party happens every night in Isla Vista anyway :dazzler1: ). If you want to do some land activities, you can go to Del Playa in Isla Vista at night. But just beware that law enforcement will be present everywhere trying to discourage outsiders from pouring into the legendary halloween party place. Parking will be an issue and you are not allowed to park in UCSB during that period.

desert camel:
Come to Goleta Beach on Saturday and join us the annual underwater pumpkin carving contest. UCSB dive club and Paradise are coming. I heard of other clubs may join too. sb_diver should know more detail and hopefully he sees this message and fill in the info.

Since halloween is on sunday, parties should start on Friday night (party happens every night in Isla Vista anyway :dazzler1: ). If you want to do some land activities, you can go to Del Playa in Isla Vista at night. But just beware that law enforcement will be present everywhere trying to discourage outsiders from pouring into the legendary halloween party place. Parking will be an issue and you are not allowed to park in UCSB during that period.

Thanks for the tips!!! We get in on Saturday, though I'm not sure the time (probably later). How late do the activities at Goleta Beach go?

Ishie

In the past years it started at around 10am and the contest ended after the last person came back in (~2pm). But the bbq party usually lasted til 4~5 pm. I am not involved in this year's setup, so I cannot tell you exactely what is going on. I will ask sb_diver to fill it in.

The Pumpkin carving contest will be around 10:30 AM on Saturday Oct. 30th at Goleta Beach.

We'll try to have people in the water by 11 so we can start the barbecue at a reasonable time. So far Pardise Dive Club and UCSB Dive Club will be there for sure, there are rumors that Channel Islands Dive Club might be coming too. The barbecue will last into the afternoon. The clubs will be providing burgers and hot dogs probably, maybe might go fancy and cook some chicken or something.. We're asking people who come to bring drinks for themselves and a side dish or something to share. We'd love to see some SCUBA Board divers. Like desert camel said it'll probably be over by 4, but I'm probably going to try for a night or late afternoon dive, maybe at a site nearby.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom