Hammerhead Backplate - Built-in-Handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am buying this as a gift for a friend who curreand was just concerned about the puncture points. I also thought about buying an extra one for my doubles. We dive in drysuits 95% of the time and I guess I just looked at it as a possible puncture problem. Since I can get the plate without handles I guess I will go that direction.

Thanks again

hoosier:
I can't imagine to lift 130 tank over my head....:wink:

I'm using an Al 80 (or 63) on a 6 lb plate, so less than 50 lb. It really is easy. I only donn it that way for shore dives. Makes solo diving that much easier.

And I did check last night. I grab the rig by the sides of the plate. With the old jacket BC, I used to reach thru and grab the tank. But I believe the sides of the plate works easier. Once I have it overhead, I run my right hand up to the valve and give it another check. Then, leaning forward a bit and supporting the rig with my back and by the valve in my right hand, I make sure the strapsand hoses are straight before I ease it on down.

But it isn't the kind of thing your chiropractor likes to hear about.

awap:
I'm using an Al 80 (or 63) on a 6 lb plate, so less than 50 lb. It really is easy. I only donn it that way for shore dives. Makes solo diving that much easier..

I know your point. I have also tried that method after seeing GUE DVD.

BUT, I think it is pretty much for the warm water diver configuration. I haven't seen any divers who were trying this method (over the head) on a DS or a thick Wetsuit....:wink:

I wouldn't consider to try lifting a tank over my head, I love my back to much to do that.

I prefer donning my rig using the QR in the left shoulder strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom