HammerHead course Dec 13-17 in Cave Country, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCR Josh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just set up a HammerHead diver course (Air-dil) in Ft White, FL. Course dates will be Dec 13-17, 2013. There are still a couple spots open. Instructor will be myself, Josh Thornton, TDI Adv Mixed Gas IT #8156.

Courses offered:

• HH Diver
  • HH Deco Diver
  • HH Instructor

Anyone else looking to get their HammerHead certs around this time? We will be basing the course out of Cave Country Lodge and be diving in the beautiful springs of North Central Florida. Students stay at the lodge for only $30 per night which makes the logistics of the course easy. I have a truck to haul equipment, so if you need a rental car, it can be small!

EMAIL ME or PM me if you are interested.
Having completed cave, deco procedures, and trimix courses as comparisons, I can say Josh Thornton is a well qualified and knowledgeable CCR Instructor who certainly knows the ins and outs of the CCR. He easily answered all questions I had. The class was also well planned and organized. Plus anything I forgot or needed, he had extras, or knew where and how to quickly get it. I would definitely recommend Josh to anyone considering CCR training in the future.

Thanks again Josh, and safe diving.

-Doug
Hinckley, Ohio
HammerHead CCR​

Thanks Josh for putting up with me for the week. I passed! I think I make a good choice with the Hammerhead, but, I KNOW I made an excellent choice choosing you as my instructor. In my line of work I get a lot of training, you're one of the best instructors I have had by far. I'd like to also give a BIG Texas thanks to the whole Dive Addicts staff for making me feel at home, and helping me with some last minute gear selections. After I get some time on the unit, I'll be back for more.

-Grady
Bay City, TX
HammerHead CCR

TDI Rebreather Diver Certification

The TDI Air Diluent Closed Circuit Diver Course (certification depends on unit/electronics used) is your first step into closed circuit rebreather diving (CCR Diving) and your first truly quiet diving experience. Using the latest in technology CCR's maximize your gas supply of Nitrox and provide the optimum breathing gas for any depth by maintaining a constant partial pressure of oxygen (PPO2). During the dives (minimum of seven) your TDI Instructor will teach you all the necessary skills to conduct CCR dives to a maximum depth of 30 m/100 feet. The skills for this CCR Diving Course include:

• Setup and maintenance of the unit
  • Loop volume management
  • Calibration of electronics
  • Emergency procedures
  • Buoyancy control
  • CNS tracking

TDI Air Diluent Closed Circuit Rebreather Decompression Procedures Divers Course
The TDI Air Diluent Closed Circuit Decompression Procedures Diver Course (certification depends on unit used during training) is the second level certification course for divers wishing to utilize a closed circuit rebreather (CCR) for air diving. The objective of the course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for diving a CCR and to develop basic CCR diving skills to a maximum depth of 45 metres / 150 feet using an air diluent for formal decompression diving.

• Setup and maintenance of the unit
  • Loop volume management
  • Calibration of electronics
  • Emergency procedures
  • Buoyancy control
  • CNS tracking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom