Hammerheads!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It pains me to say this, but your pictures are much better than mine. Nice job in really challenging conditions. Lots of floaters in the water, not much light (dives are all below 30m) and the hammerheads are easily spooked. Your top shot is magazine cover quality, in my opinion.

cocos_hammerhead7.jpg

they last one is so eerily beautiful.

tell me, their mouths just look so little, ever seen them take a big bite of anything?..or do they just take lots of little bites? Did you see them feed on anything?

Excellent pics!

What lens were you using? 20mm or so?

Wow, those guys are so beautiful. Good job.

Fantastic. The first shot shot is outstanding. How about some info on the lens, exposure etc.

Thanks for sharing.

catherine96821:
they last one is so eerily beautiful.

tell me, their mouths just look so little, ever seen them take a big bite of anything?..or do they just take lots of little bites? Did you see them feed on anything?
Catherine, the trip director/marine biologist aboard Undersea Hunter said they had never witnessed feeding or mating behavior among the hammerheads at Cocos. They gather there to use the cleaning stations only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom