Hampton Roads divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taguja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

wondering who is still in the Hampton Roads area and diving locally?
I am trying to get some like-minded people together to have some relaxed dives.

What am I looking for/what is ideal to me?
- recreational diving
- shore locations
I rather enjoy scuba diving in a relaxed and comfortable setting than chasing personal challenges.
I do not mind cold water and low visibility that reauires a compass to navigate.

What I am not looking for is:
- expensive charters, sorry - I have too many hobbies in order to drop a fortune into charters
- technical diving - just not my thing

I do have my own gear and can dive frequently. Evenings/weekends.
My level: PADI Rescue

The goal is to have buddies for the 2017 starting around March/April.

Hi,
sorry for the delayed reply. I am currently deployed and internet is not always an option.

Sounds great and it would be nice to see if some folks can come together and go diving.

Do you know good local spots?

I live in Virginia Beach and have been diving the area for over 20 years. I enjoy wreck diving, exploring and gathering supper. Generally I dive on my own boat with a charge of "your share of the gas". New boat for me but I think 4 divers would be possible if experienced. I have cave cert. but do not use it any more. Dive buddy too old to dive, I moved to Hawaii and returned. Try to limit dives to about 100ft with most in 70 to 80 ft range. Looking for someone to dive with again in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom