Hand signals for remaining no-decompression Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL - sorry - just looked over the links you provided above (thanks - great links) and pictured the look on my wifes face when I showed her the hand motion for "Tank/cylinder"
eyebrow.gif

thanks, at least i know i'm not the only one that though "you wanna do what?" lol

Do any of you know of recognized hand signals for remaining no-decompression time

I really think the question is; Why is this even a question as in, why is she or yourself even going into deco? Maybe you meant, What is the hand signal for remaining time UNTIL deco...? (my comprehension can really suck at times)

For me, IF its the latter unless its planed, I personally don't have a hand signal for this... However, if its a controlled ending of the dive due to time constraints I just thumb the dive... Just a steady thumb whereas if there is a problem, an thumb with a up and down motion lets us know we need to get moving. Tap of the wrist is remaining air pressure...

Lastly, I would never be concerned with limiting a dive due to a 60 minute time constraint set by a Charter so I would never need to know how much time before we call the dive!!! Air pressure dictates the dive unless there is a planned deco which I seldom do! However, I can see a time constraint on a Charter when the dive is shallow e.g. 30' or less as you can reach 2 hours in time or more depending on the profile. In this case I would just thumb the dive...

lee

I actually took a picture of her face when I showed her - and have it in a safe place as a trump card - "I'll post it to SB, I swear!"

I really think the question is; Why is this even a question as in, why is she or yourself even going into deco? Maybe you meant, What is the hand signal for remaining time UNTIL deco...? (my comprehension can really suck at times)

For me, IF its the latter unless its planed, I personally don't have a hand signal for this... However, if its a controlled ending of the dive due to time constraints I just thumb the dive... Just a steady thumb whereas if there is a problem, an thumb with a up and down motion lets us know we need to get moving. Tap of the wrist is remaining air pressure...

Lastly, I would never be concerned with limiting a dive due to a 60 minute time constraint set by a Charter so I would never need to know how much time before we call the dive!!! Air pressure dictates the dive unless there is a planned deco which I seldom do! However, I can see a time constraint on a Charter when the dive is shallow e.g. 30' or less as you can reach 2 hours in time or more depending on the profile. In this case I would just thumb the dive...

lee

wouldn't you agree that the following two questions are equivalent?

what is the hand signal for remaining time until deco?
what is the hand signal for remaining no-decompression time?

wouldn't you agree that the following two questions are equivalent?

what is the hand signal for remaining time until deco?
what is the hand signal for remaining no-decompression time?

LOL... yes, I would agree they are one in the same... Glad I did say my comprehension sucks... and as you have now validated; it really does suck!!! :wink:

I am still laughing and shaking my head about it... lee

Aren't we making this difficult than it should be? My wife and I simply show each other our dive computers. She dives air and I dive Nitrox if available. If we're too far apart, we'll hold up our computer and ask OK? We trust each other to know when it's time to go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to switch from the horizonal left palm with the up pointed right thumb to the little pinky sign. Much easier and quicker, I'm sure I can easily educate my family.

Good diving,

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom