hand signals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got a warm feeling in my wetsuit?:D

Originally posted by scubagatorgal
someone means when they point someone out and put an index finger through the other hands thumb and index finger making a circle?

Informal poll....

Look at that a@@hole.

Or an index finger through the other hands thumb and index finger making a circle with the come here jesture means:
come here a@@hole.

You asked... No one had the guts to answer!!

Shoot the turkey?......

Though I like the "turkey" answer, that's not it....

The answer is "okay".

And as you read this, you're making the sign with one hand going, "You're crazy Mike. *THIS* is the okay sign."

You're correct, but so am I.

The dive master instructor who showed me this explained that an open water student came up with this sign after reading the o/w diver text on hand signals that stated:

"To make the OK signal, touch your forefinger to your thumb."

But nothing in the text explained the finger and thumb to be on the same hand.

(Oh, and since *I* am the one that originated this sign on the board, there will be an uncollectible 5&cent royalty each time you tell the joke. :tease: And I'd like to have some credit if I come across a spontaneous retelling between two divers I have never met while on a dive trip to Bikini, Palau, or any other exotic dive site I wanna visit :) :tease: )

Mike:
Good one.
One of my favorite was shown to me, while Jean- Michel Cousteau spoke to us at Dema last January 01.
He said make the sign of a "V" (Like the old Peace sign of the 60's).
He said this means Peace to the reef.. get your big fins off of it!

:sunny:

Ok, this is a bit corney, but my GF and I have a hand signal that doesn't translate well underwater. Basicly you raise one finger, then 4 fingers, then three fingers... 1-4-3 which means "I love you" the response is to point to yourself, then two fingers, then point to the other person. me too you.

So, we were diving together on one of her first dives after being certified.. she was concentrating hard and trying to make sure she was doing everything right. Me, I was watching over her like a mother hen making sure she was ok, having her check her gauges and stuff. She was really doing great and I was very proud of her. I gave her the 1-4-3 sign... she looked at me with a puzzled look, checked her gauges, and gave me the signal for how much air she had left. I laughed so hard my mask flooded.

Ty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom