Happy Times!! AOW & UW Nav Specialty done today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobster75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I completed both my AOW and UW Nav specialty today over 3 dives (today; not overall)!! Just wanted to share since I'm really happy to be learning new things, trying new skills, and most important - just to be in the water!

I found doing the night dive for the last AOW dive to be very relaxing after the concentration required for the UW Nav dives (while we were doing large patterns).

Is it just me or is diving rather addictive?

I like night dives too... the first one wasn't as relaxing as I would have liked, but now it's much better!

And yes it's just you!:eyebrow:

Of course scuba diving is addictive. Got some videos at my website that will make you want to go diving right now!

Congrats! I'll be doing my AOW and Nav in August and Nav will defintely be one of the main ones I do. If I do no other, that WILL BE the one I do.

Good job, safe diving!

Michael

Congorats!

I had hoped to go ahead and do my AOW in August but after talking to Michael (mwhities) we have decided to wait until our CC's are paid off from all of the gear we bought =P

I'd rather worry about how much we are GOING to spend rather than how much we have ALREADY spent. My logic may be flawed, but it's all based on how I look at it =P

I completed my AOW last weekend and was able to dive it with Nitrox since I did the Nitrox class the Thursday before. I'm going to agree with you on both counts: Its very addictive and the night dive was much cooler then I expected.

I must admit that I am "boyancy challenged" (and am looking forward to the PPB class), but had next to no boyancy issues during the night dive. The instructor and DM both said they had seen this scenario before. Something about minimizing the distractions underwater allowing me to focus more on the boyancy.

I also enjoy the challenge of learning new skills. I bet that is what draws many of us back.

Anyway, glad it went well for you!

Dive Safe,
...steve...

Congrats! I'm seriously thinking about taking the nav course. The nav dive in AOW really helped my underwater navigation quite a bit. The concepts from OW just didn't "click", but they did after AOW. Now I'd like to know more about keeping my bearings in more complex situations, while making several turns or navigating around objects.

Congratulations...I feel your thrill...

Back
Top Bottom