Happy with my Recsea RX100II and UWL-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PiggyRun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all Pros,

First of all, appreciate and thanks for the guidance and suggestions, and special thanks to whoever help me in my queriers.
For some reason about people saying RX100II is not that good in macro, however, i think it did a great job, and love the quality of it.:D
DSC00375.jpg

FYI, i m shooting with ambient light/ internal flash with diffuser. No strobe for now.
DSC00378.jpg

For the shots with Fisheye uwl04, in the beginning of the dive, the gap in the M52 adapter gone fog, and i didnt realise it until some of the water leak in and causing line between air and water. Is there any reason why would it leak? should i fill it with water before my dive next time ,will it cause decrease in the degree of angle? HOwever, i am very happy with the fisheye,it give what i want and need more practice. Below photo are not that good as it is rainy day and about 18-22m depth without strobe.

this is with fog in the gap of the adapterDSC00545.jpg
it should be sharp without fog.

and this is the water leak in(no idea why it happen, maybe i should fill it with water first)
DSC00496.jpg

nemo is after i re-screw the lense and fill it with water, it is wide and sharp! however i didnt position the cap nicely, causing line at the side of the photo
DSC00555.jpg

Now i understand why people prefer macro more than wide angle, u need to have a nice view and objects, and the light must be good which compare to macro, the light is strong when shooting a smaller area/object. I might be wrong, just sharing whats in my mind. Besides that, for those who dont have strobe/external light, the internal flash + diffuser does not work when fisheye lens infront of it as it block the lights.
DSC00571.jpg

here comes my fav!! this is the first time shooting with over-under shot with uwl-04, i still figuring out how to get the nice sky view with focus on uw object. is there any setting for rx100ii with uwl-04? trying so hard as the sky always over-exposed. however, still happy with it and will try alot more over-under shot!
DSC00591.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

I would like to apologize for the quality of the photo, the forum, the words. hope you guys can understand what i trying to deliver.
This is the first time writing a review on my very first uw camera, new learner, and shooting with ambient. I WILL IMPROVE and share more to you guys! 7 more days i m going to sipadan! yeeeehaaaaaa

haha.. just noticed it and got email reply from Bluewater about this too. ok, will improve the shooting in my next trip.
thank you interceptor121 for so much guidance all the time.:blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom