Harness and Dive rite pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the Transpac pockets work?

Before I found this thread, I emailed Dive Rite Express, wondering the same thing. They wrote back very quickly to say "They are designed only to work with the Transpac II. I've looked at them and see a couple of ways they might be made to work, but can't be certain of a good outcome. The problem is that the transpac
uses a special plate to attach the shoulder harness to the waist belt, and the weight pocket is designed to use this as stablization. You would need to unthread the waist/shoulder strap from the backplate and rethread it to include the weight pockets, you might need to use a couple of weight belt keepers to add some stability to the pockets."

So - did you actually get the rig wet? How has it worked?

The pockets do look like they are pretty streamlined in the pics. I'm wondering how much weight you can fit into each one though, and whether you're using soft or hard weight?

The Diverite catalog says the pouches are good for 25 pounds.

Thanks, MF. It's weird that they advertise an odd number for a "pair" of pockets, but I guess they've got their reasons. I'll stick to my SeaSoft belt, but my wife might be curious about these instead of her ACB's.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
The Diverite catalog says the pouches are good for 25 pounds.

GearHead once bubbled...
Thanks, MF. It's weird that they advertise an odd number for a "pair" of pockets, but I guess they've got their reasons. I'll stick to my SeaSoft belt, but my wife might be curious about these instead of her ACB's.

That's 25 pounds per pouch I believe (it fits). DiveRite also has some smaller Clipper Pockets that hold up to a 5 pound hard weight each. Another neat thing they have is a 4 pound (soft) belt weight. I think you could put that about any place.

Well that shows what I know. The web site and the transpack owners manual says 32 pounds.

. . . that sounds a little closer to reality. 25lb of lead on one side must look more like a full duffle bag than a weight pocket. :D
Thanks again for checking.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
Did the Transpac pockets work?

Before I found this thread, I emailed Dive Rite Express, wondering the same thing. They wrote back very quickly to say "They are designed only to work with the Transpac II. I've looked at them and see a couple of ways they might be made to work, but can't be certain of a good outcome. The problem is that the transpac
uses a special plate to attach the shoulder harness to the waist belt, and the weight pocket is designed to use this as stablization. You would need to unthread the waist/shoulder strap from the backplate and rethread it to include the weight pockets, you might need to use a couple of weight belt keepers to add some stability to the pockets."

So - did you actually get the rig wet? How has it worked?
Yes, I did use it for a while, the only reason I stopped was cos I now dive doubles, and dont need weight. At the time I posted that, I was doing alot of Single tank diving.

Never had a problem with them like that......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom