Harness System Recommendations:?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like a typical fancy harness for a BP. Some people love them. I personally am a big fan of the simple cheap, continuous webbing hogarthian harness.

The fancier harnesses do not seem to add that much comfort or capability. Especially for the price.

That being said, you may want to look at the DiveRite harness as it is quite similar to the Deep Outdoors product.

Peter

By definition a hogarthian harness is made from one piece of webbing with one D ring per shoulder, no quick release and one D ring on the left waist strap and a crotch strap. A minimalist harness for a minimalist approach.

But having been around long enough to not be too concenred what other people think and also long enough to appreciate comfort and the ease of exiting after a long dive in cold water and a heavy dry suit, I prefer a quick release.

I also prefer the "pivot ring" style harnesses like the Dive Rite "deluxe" harness. I have found that the pivot ring keeps the strap from binding on the chest/shoulder/armpit and that a cross chest strap allows a good range of adjustment so I can go from dry suit, 7mm wetsuit, 3mm shorty to even just a t-shirt with out having to readjust the harness.

It's comfortable, covenient, gives up relatively little in terms of strenght, and I like it, but I'd never pretend it was a Hog harness either.

Deep markets some nice products. I am not familuar with the freedom . But I would need to ask myself if I really need the additional attachment rings and padded shoulder straps.
My wife dives Deeps purist plate with the Element wing & STA.
She dives only wet suit or bathing suit and has no complaints about comfort and performance, nor does she need any additional weight as the plate is -6lb
The only alterations she has made to the wing is changed the corregated inflator tube to a flexible rubber one.
The only other disadvantage I can see is there are no attachment points if you want to add a pocket to store your lift bag.

I'd suggest you Try it and dive it b4 you buy it!

I agree with DA Aquamaster, but only diference is I use the OMS Deluxe harness with the shoulder pads, they add more comfort and I like them

I tried the continous harness set up and did not like, I prefer a quick release on the shoulder area. I switched to an OMS comfort harness, no shoulder or back pad, this seems to work the best for me.

It looks like a nice harness, I have used the DiveRite Delux plasitc backplate & harness and I now have a Halcyon aluminum backplate & harness. Both are great, it comes down to what you want to do with it. Will the equipment provide you with what you want out of it? if so go for it, that is a nice rig.
I have not heard anything negetive about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom