Harvey's Matrix Dri-Flex wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about Harvey's Matrix Dr-Flex wetsuit. It seems to be quite a mystery. LeisurePro is selling them, but I cannot find anybody else who has voiced a word about them. All I can find out is press releases from Harvey'
s a year ago. Harvey's does not even have them on their website. Nobody but LeisurePro is selling them!

My local Harvey's dealer thought that Harvey had to pull the line off the market because of some type of lawsuit.

Seems like a similar suit to the Henderson Hyperstretch, but it has wrist and neck seals and the material is not harmed by velcro.

Any information would be appreciated.

Brian

Dri-Flex

I'm halfway there. I ordered a 5mm full a few weeks ago. The size I ordered was too large when it arrived. (3XL) I liked the way it fit and streched, it was just too big. I'm waiting on the next smaller size to arrive. I thought it would come in today. Maybe tomorrow. I'll make a post on here when I can tell ya'll how I like the suit. I'm pretty picky, If I don't like it I'll send it back before I get in the water with it.

Regards,

Here's what I can tell you at this point:

I just received my suit. (see above post) The suit is a solid 5mm, maybe a little more. The elastic properties of the suit are what they are reputed to be. The suit stretches in all directions and as such is very comfortable. Extra work has been put into the neck, wrists and ankles. All of theses seals are designed to minimize water flow. The velcro at the neck is twofold. There is a large adjustable for the neck and a second which acts as a zipper retainer.

I bought this suit to use here in Texas as a stand alone suit for apprpriate temperatures or to use with other layering, such as 3mm shortie, hood, etc. As far as this suit pilling, like some of the Hendersons do, I guess only time will tell. It does not have a reputation for doing so, to my knowledge.

I'll post again when I get it wet.

Regards,

Got it wet today. I did it in 10'fw in training pool. Purpose was to adjust weighting to new suit, etc. Water temp was relatively warm, about 75F. Suit is very comfortable and flexible. Due to the seal design at the wrists and ankles, it is not the easiest suit I've owned to don. However, it is going to be a very warm suit for 5mm. I would have had to flood the suit to avoid overheating, so I removed the suit and continued checking out other equipment. I'll probably dive the suit ibn colder water next weekend, if I do, I'll post again.

However, at this point, I think you would like the suit, I do.

regards,

I LOVE MY DRI-FLEX! I have a 7mm and it is awsome! I bought mine from LP. It was featured in Rodales last year in SCUBA lab. There are a lot of 4-way stretch suits out there now and not all are as expensive as Hyperstretch. i think mine was $100 less than a Henderson. I love how easy it is to put on and how flexible it is. LP had to order my suit from Harveys b/c they were sold out of my size, so HArveys must still make them.

I'm looking at a 3mm full suit for Roatan in October. Has anyone got any experience with their 3mm dri flex suits?

We had a 3mm Harvey custom cut for my wife and she loves it and it has held up very well with over 80dives. Compared to my Henderson soft stretch that has blown out in the arm and back. Next 3mm for me is going to be Harvey.

mjh:
We had a 3mm Harvey custom cut for my wife and she loves it and it has held up very well with over 80dives. Compared to my Henderson soft stretch that has blown out in the arm and back. Next 3mm for me is going to be Harvey.
Thanks. I ordered one from LP and got it today. Looking forward to October and being able to use it. Not near as expensive as a Henderson either. I was a little worried about snags on a Henderson in light of some of the posts, but the Harvey's material seems to be pretty solid.

Back
Top Bottom