Has Anybody Been To Sorido Bay Resort For Diving? If So, Was It Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in May 2010. It is a nice resort: scenic grounds, very nice and spacious accommodations, friendly staff and decent food. Diving was good at that time. There were mandarinfish at the end of the pier.

The place is indeed pricey and back then you couldn't dive on Saturdays. That factors into the answer to your question on whether it is worth it.

We took Malarone as a malaria preventive.

we dove on saturdays. can really only dive in the blue hole area. the mandarinfish dive was great.
P7167862%5badj-trim-small.jpg

P7167877-adj-trim-small.jpg

We were at Sorido in 2012 so a long time ago. I did an Undercurrent review. The diving was great with good viz and lots of current.

The resort operation was dreadful and inefficient, except for the kitchen which was quite good. The dive operation was very lackadaisical and only came anywhere near sufficient when pressed very hard. Bad tank o-rings, no briefings, boats that didn't run consistently, etc.

Max was only around a couple of days but even then it was clear that staff were more concerned with him than the guests.

I know they've changed the local management since then.

We JUST got back - Dec 2017. Had a great time. Cape Kri is an awesome dive if you get it at the right time, downright scary if you get it at the wrong time, and normal other times. I thought the diving was not as good as southern RA, but what do I know?

Staff, service and food were EXCELLENT, though some staff had virtually no English, and this can be a problem. Great internet and aircon.

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom