Has anyone been on Kona Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were on the Kona agressor Christmas 2009. It's a great boat, the manta dive was awesome. Since I had big lights on my video camera the manta's stayed over me constantly. Your suppose to go to a sandy arena where they set up lights but a manta showed up at our stern before we left and we all jumped in which resulted in a dozen manta's on our stern. The other boats ended up sending their divers over to us. The food was fantastic. There was problem with filling my tank on one dive where they thought it was done but wasn't due to a mechanical failure, so make sure of your pressure. Everything said in the prior posts was a fair accounting. I would go again. We spent a week on the agressor then spent a week in Maui to dive the volcano. We were the only boat diving except for the manta dive. I've been to Belize but in Hawaii you will see about 30% of the fist are endemic to Hawaii and also see a much bigger variety than the Carribean

We were on the KA in Aug, 2010. It was good and bad. The good was the diving and the Manta Ray Dive in particular. The bad was the crew at the time. ( I understand they have a completely new crew, except for Cliff the Engineer- he is wonderful ) The crew then just didn't care and you could tell. They never helped anyone in getting back on the boat from the dive ( like taking the camera for you ) It finally came down to everyone helping each other and not talking to the crew at all. I think every diver on that boat emailed a complaint and the KA offered everyone a pretty good discount for future dives. That was nice. The other nice thing that came out of the experience is that a couple of divers ( 3 couples ) that met on the KA, went on another liveaboard together and had a great time. We were lucky for that. Oh and the KA does not have a hot tub even tho all of their stuff says they do. They haven't had one for a couple of years but you know how it goes, too busy to update your profile. Ahem, I am still 43.
Manta Night Dive is the best. Don't miss it cuz it's a night dive and there are a hundred people out there. It isn't far from the boat, and turns out the more people you have with lights, the better it is.
The water was cooler that we thought, both of us wore 3 mils the entire time so you may want to bring some layers with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom