Has anyone dove Blue Water Lake, MO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helmetHEC

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm gonna be heading up to Kansas City and someone suggested diving Blue Water Lake in Orongo, MO. Has anyone had any experience diving this lake? Looks like it was, suprise, a quarry many years ago.
Thanks for the help...

No, but I think about it everytime I go back home.

There's a shop right on the lake, and here's a map of the lake....210' deep

Let me know how it is.

I notice that this post was almost a year ago, so I assume you either dove at Blue Water Lake or found out what you needed. I live in the Kansas City area and have dove Blue Water many times, so if you or anyone else would still like some info please give a shout.

Thanks for the follow up Snowcat.
Didn't get a chance to dive it yet, but looking forward to doing so this summer. Any chance you still go out there?

Let me know.
Thanks

I am from there, well Carthage that is less than 20 minutes away, what do you want to know about it, I use to dive it every friday.

I have dove it a couple of times this year. The owner, a.k.a Captain John, has added a cabin cruiser in about 100' of water and has added guide ropes between some of the other popular items such as the plane. Other than that, it is the same as the map you have probably already seen on the internet.

I highly recommend it as one of the best dive sites for this area, and a great fresh water dive site in general. I plan to go again several times this summer.

P.S. It is cold since it is spring fed -- about 45-60 deg. F, depending on depth. Wear a thick wet suit with hood, gloves, and boots, or a dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom