Has Anyone Heard From Rabbittears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterdogs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard how Rabbittears is doing, is he home? And Chris, how's he doing?

He's probably reading the pages of post we sent him and I hope he post us a "Doing OK" message.

Waterdogs.

He did not make it though the complications caused by the accident. There was a post stating this, but I am unable to find it. Sorry to be the one to tell you this.

Found the post and read it. Trymixdiver helped me out, but i did think about Trymixes comments as well as the second post by Uncle Pug.

Very interesting. Condolences for sure, curiousity from Uncle Pugs comments even more. I would hate to think that someone would ever even think to do something like that, but we will never know for sure.

One thing though, it was very nice to see all the post and comments on this throughout this ordeal, it does reassure me atleast that there are some fine people in this world who think and are concerned for others even though they've never met.

Qudos' for the board. Condolences for rabbitears.

waterdogs

Uncle Pug - You are sharp.

I was going to post more about how I felt becuase I just went though the loss of my son also (1-24-2002 - Still birth at 32weeks 4 days) so when Chris's grandfather posted that, I had about 1000000 differnt emotions hitting me at once. I kept the post short, because after rewriting the post 10 times I felt that it wasn't my place to say: "I know what your going though", etc ... I had tears in my eyes reading some of the posts and how they wanted to send flowers and such. I don't know ... well I just wanted to get this off my chest I guess. Thanks for listening ..

NINman...I'm sorry for the loss of your son. There are no words.

I think alot of us had several emotions during the length of that post. Hopefully lessons were learned from it/

Brad -my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I can't imagine what that must have been like - I'm going home to hug my kids...

Brad:
So sorry for your loss. May God and time help heal you, and your wife.
Waterdogs: Yes, Uncle Pug is sharp, and I told him so in a private PM a week or so ago when he posted that.

No one seems to want to say it outright, but I will..I think we have had the wool pulled over our eyes.

It seemed odd to me that Chris would never post any info about which hospital, room number etc. Now his grandfather(who seems to know all our names as well) won't post any info that would allow us to confirm the legitimacy of this whole thing. Also would Chris's grandfather, who I would assume would not be very familiar with the workings of the scubaboard, take the time in such a serious post to figure out how to use the smilies and insert them into his post? I went back through every post Rabbitears ever made and noticed (like UP and some of the others) that Rabbitears, Chris, and now Chris's grandfather all have identical writing styles. Also, the way some of Chris's posts were worded, they seemed more formal and less like a young kid would word a letter.

I hope I am wrong with my assumptions, but I don't think I am. I would love to be proved wrong because I think it would be a pretty senseless and pointless thing to fake something like this. If I'm wrong in my assumptions, I apologize to Chris and his family... and now would be a great opportunity to prove me wrong.

One thing this whole ordeal has showed me is that we are a very close bunch here at the scubaboard and if I were ever to need the support of the other board members, they would be here for me as I would be for them. We are indeed a family here at the scubaboard.

You know as I think about and now have gone back and looked at the posts I would also have to agree. U.P. is great at finding little inconsisities in posts. I know this 1st hand. :D

On that note. I wanted to let everyone know that I posted that little note about my loss because I needed to vent. I was in no way looking for attention or the like. I just felt that "IF TRUE", I wanted to explain that something like the loss of a son, friend, fater, etc, is very hard and that no matter what happens you will need all the support you can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom