Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it excellent for the money. Why I am selling my scubapro Knighthawk medium men's w/air 2 on this site. jbh

I scanned the vast majority of this thread and searched the web, but I came up short on the nominal weight of the BCD. What is a good number for comparison?

In short I'm very happy with what I'm diving but would like to get something that packs down smaller and has less weight for international travel, where my current BCD is 9.5 lbs without inflator.

I scanned the vast majority of this thread and searched the web, but I came up short on the nominal weight of the BCD. What is a good number for comparison?

In short I'm very happy with what I'm diving but would like to get something that packs down smaller and has less weight for international travel, where my current BCD is 9.5 lbs without inflator.
Mine weighs in at 8.8lbs with the weight pockets. If you want to go super lightweight though, you can swap those out for the included harness straps which will take another 2.5lbs off.

Mine weighs in at 8.8lbs with the weight pockets. If you want to go super lightweight though, you can swap those out for the included harness straps which will take another 2.5lbs off.

Does that include the inflator in the 8.8 lbs? Simply put I'm trying to do a apples to apples comparison with my existing BC. Clearly without the pockets I'm coming in under where I'm currently at 9.5 lbs without any inflator attached.

This was posted by @r0cky in another thread:

Finally found it; in the Full Catalog 2017.pdf

HYDROS PRO WITH BPI:
Size XS/S/M Weight of BC (dry) 8.6 lbs 3.9 kg
Size L Weight of BC (dry) 8.8 lbs 4.0 kg
Size XL-2XL Weight of BC (dry) 9.0 lbs 4.1 kg

*Note: Weight of the BC in the travel configuration (no weight pockets) will be 2.2 lbs/1 kg less on all sizes.

So a medium without weight pockets (travel) would be 2.9 kg

This was posted by @r0cky in another thread:

Finally found it; in the Full Catalog 2017.pdf

Thank you.

It figures. There are two different pdf full catalogs that come up on a google search. The first doesn't have the details, where the second that I didn't look at, includes part numbers and weights.

Using the data from the catalog this BC in the best case saves 3.3 lbs with respect to the Scubapro classic BC that I'm diving with currently, where I'm sure it packs down smaller given the different construction. Alternatively an average pure travel BC without backplate comes in at ~4.2 lbs less.

I thought the G2 would be included in this catalog
The creation timestamp on that PDF is 20th December 2016; it's been around for too long, surprised they didn't update it though.

Back
Top Bottom