Has anyone tried Aqua Lung Hot Shot travel fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kfilly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Everyone,

I was looking for a good, light weight, and compact pair of scuba fins for traveling. I currently use Aqua Lung Sling Shot fins which I really like, but they are fairly big and heavy fins. I just noticed that Aqua Lung came out with a new fin called the Hot Shot. It is essentially a smaller bladed version of the Sling Shot designed to fit into carry-on luggage. I realize this is fairly new product, but I was wondering if anyone has tried them out and would be willing to provide feedback.

Kfilly

A couple of divers on my recent Cozumel trip had a pair. They are sweeeeeet. Foot pocket is comfy so no bootie is really needed but can be used. Lightweight and easy to kick.
The hotshot only comes with a two speed I'm stupid were the slingshots are a three speed. :wink:

I tried them out when I tried out my slingshots. They worked out equally as well, but I ended up coming home with a pair of the slingshots because I do more local diving than travel, and if I am traveling for diving I am diving, so my luggage usually only has dive gear and maybe 2 pairs of clothes. So weight is not an issue on my case.

I hit the board tonight after returning from my trip to start looking for travel fins and find this thread. Awesome. I will hit up my shop and see if they plan on getting any of these in.

I wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post. Like I said, I heard about these fins, but I do not know anyone that has actually tried them. It was great to hear from some people with some real world experience with this product! I also love my Sling Shot fins so I do not think it will be too much of an adjustment for me to switch to the Hot Shot fins when traveling. However, I was just curious as to how these travel fins performed in current due to their shorter blade length. While I do not have much of a luggage restriction while going to Cozumel, I want to start piecing together a good light weight set of travel gear so I can go diving in places that really restrict what you bring along (ie, limited to a single carry-on piece of luggage).

On a side note, Casarez, I am also glad my post was able to help you out.

kfilly

kfilly,

I am also curious how they hold up in current. I am trying to find as many reviews as I can before I buy these guys.

kfilly: Checked with several Aqua_Lung retailers today. They all had good comments on the Hot Shot fins. One store owner, fresh back from Cayman, said he had 6 divers using the new fins on his most recent trip and all reported good results.

Hello all,

I do mostly shore dives while on vacation, and wear a pair of boots to protect my feet. Has anyone tried the HotShot with boots on?

Thanks!

After all of the comments I received regarding these fins, I decided to order a pair. Unfortunately, I need a size large, and Aqua Lung apparently will not be able to ship those out until the middle of November. Also, I will not be able to try them diving as the area I dive has cold water year round which does not bode well for testing a warm water travel fin. However, I will at least try them on with my low cut 3 mil travel boots, and I will give you feedback as to how they feel and fit. Hopefully, that will help you out.

Kfilly

I saw the setup at Divers Direct. It had the travel bag also. Looked really nice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom