New and first fins: ready for a new embarras du choix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far I am leaning toward Mares Quatro Pro, are they negative, neutral or positive buoyant? And where do you get steel straps for these fins?

Thanks
There is no Quattro "pro" so I'll assume you mean Quattro +.

These straps are advertised to be mountable on any Mares open-foot fins: Mares Spring Straps Black | Diveinn

The other part of your question, I'll leave to the others :)

Just an update: I got some dives with different fins, and went for the Tusa HyFlex Switch Pros. I especially like their relative stiffness and manoeuvrability.

As a minor piece of unsolicited advice, resist the temptation to look like this on a recreational dive:

View attachment 776048

Most of us eventually come around to this:

Can't see any clear MOD markings on the cylinders!

Hollis F1s or JetFins rock!

Avanti Quattros, anything else you buy later will be compared to these, you won't stop using them regardless of what else you get. They work for everything, maybe not the best at everything, but definitely the best all around fin. I would get jet fins or similar if diving caves or drysuit because of the shorter length and negative bouyancy, but those are my only other fins. I have had no issue travelling with the quattros.

The quatros are nice but the deep6 eddys are the best fins I have dived yet. the apeks rk3's too but i find the eddy's to be a little more agile.

So far I am leaning toward Mares Quatro Pro, are they negative, neutral or positive buoyant? And where do you get steel straps for these fins?

Thanks
Try Randy at Piranha. He has an abundance of spring straps in all sorts of sizes.

Mares, worst fins I ever used
I can't see using Quattros compared with SP Go Sport or Supernovas at all.

Back
Top Bottom