Has SP stopped selling MK10+ Parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've polished 2 MK10+ pistons, after that they lock up OK, about the same as the MK20's, and a bit less snappy than the original MK10.

The bad reputation could come from the initial batch of MK10+ that came with the brass pistons: the edges are easily damaged, then creeping occurs. The same goes for the MK20's that have the brass pistons

Hi, Mattboy; can you answer my question? :)

Jax - I thought I answered it in #7, but I can add more. One thing that is not different is that they are both pretty good BP 1st stages - just a different approach to HP seat design. The Mk10+ is newer and Scubapro did offer an "upgrade" option to bring Mk10s to Mk10+s. Some divers may take exception at calling it an upgrade as it had little to no noticeable effect on performance. I have a number of Mk10s and prefer that configuration over the Mk10+ as it is easier and cheaper for me to get HP seats for the Mk10s. The Mk10+ along with the Mk20/25 use a seat that is currently only available from Scubapro. The older Mk10 seat leave DIYer like me with quite a few options for parts including seats from an number of other manufacturers.

Jax - I thought I answered it in #7, but I can add more. One thing that is not different is that they are both pretty good BP 1st stages - just a different approach to HP seat design. The Mk10+ is newer and Scubapro did offer an "upgrade" option to bring Mk10s to Mk10+s. Some divers may take exception at calling it an upgrade as it had little to no noticeable effect on performance. I have a number of Mk10s and prefer that configuration over the Mk10+ as it is easier and cheaper for me to get HP seats for the Mk10s. The Mk10+ along with the Mk20/25 use a seat that is currently only available from Scubapro. The older Mk10 seat leave DIYer like me with quite a few options for parts including seats from an number of other manufacturers.

Oh, wow, I thought you were still just discussing pistons in post #7. Sorry about that!
How can you tell the difference looking at it? Or can you?

I have no scubapro dealer within a 100 miles, so I like the idea of DIY!

Oh, wow, I thought you were still just discussing pistons in post #7. Sorry about that!
How can you tell the difference looking at it? Or can you?

I have no scubapro dealer within a 100 miles, so I like the idea of DIY!

Based on schematics, it looks like the only exterior difference is in the seat retainer. The Mk10 has two small holes and take a pin spanner. It looks to me like the Mk10+ has no such holes but probably has an allen wrench fitting just like the Mk20/25.

Nope, both retainers have 2 small holes. The MK10 retainer has a mirror chrome finish, whereas the MK10+ one has a matte finish.

Nope, both retainers have 2 small holes. The MK10 retainer has a mirror chrome finish, whereas the MK10+ one has a matte finish.

Wow, even I can understand that!!!! :thumb:

Hi all - Thanks to OLY5050user, I've located a local shop to fix the first stage. It appears parts for the MK10+ are still available. MK10 parts may not be available. I'll share anything I hear. The shop I originally went to is a SP shop. SP lists then as a dealer. I have no explanation why one shop can get the piston and the other can't.

If this does not work, I may try fixing it myself. Thanks to everyone's advise, I have a good source for parts and tools.

I hope SP keeps supplying over reg parts and this is just a temporary issue. SP makes good products. Tom

Hi all - Thanks to OLY5050user, I've located a local shop to fix the first stage. It appears parts for the MK10+ are still available. MK10 parts may not be available. I'll share anything I hear. The shop I originally went to is a SP shop. SP lists then as a dealer. I have no explanation why one shop can get the piston and the other can't.

If this does not work, I may try fixing it myself. Thanks to everyone's advise, I have a good source for parts and tools.

I hope SP keeps supplying over reg parts and this is just a temporary issue. SP makes good products. Tom

While on the phone with divenutny we calle scubapro tech dept and discovered that piston is available for mk10+ along with alll other required parts.Hopefully we can get this issue repaired and give divenutny a satisfactory ending here.I fhe is wrong about the regulator being a mk10+ and indeed it is a mk10,we will attempt to get things right ,but as we all know parts are no longer made and we will see what we can do ..I have no idea why original LDS claimed they could not repair item.

As an update..the regulator has been serviced and awaiting pickup by the owner..Reason it took so long is that the part required is not normally a part kept in stock here being the age of the equipment and the unlikely chance that the part required would fail..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom