Have a drink.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Question: I am a divemaster and have been diving for years. For a year
now I have been getting foot cramps, about 10 minutes into the dive. It
is on the side of usually my left foot but it has happened in my right
foot also. I use soft split fins that are not too tight, nor are
my booties too small. I drink plenty of water, do not drink alcohol and
have been taking a magnesium supplement along with eating a banana. I
read about your fins as a solution. I live in Canada.... DIVE MASTER The only Answer is trying a pair of Force Fins. We do not use your toes as part of our Fin Designs,Force Fin: The Foot Tells All and for Good Reason..Foot and Toe Cramps. Not a pleasant feeling, so open up a cold Soda, order a pair online, your life Underwater will change forever. MoneyBack if you miss that CRAMPING. Enjoy the VIEW you open-foot-1.jpgr toes will. Might take a closer look at your foot. Nothing like crunching TOE BONES.foot-1.jpg

DIY force fin spring straps and size question

my force fin pro's have been my favorites. I lost one and replaced them. Thank you Bob Evans for a great design. I have XL's and cannot fit new booties in them. do I need the XXL to fit boots with bigger soles? BTW see my homemade spring
fin straps. mk
summer 2015 031.jpg

I wear a size 10 1/2 to 11 shoe and use the XXLs and the Comfort Inserts to work with a variety of booties. Heavy soled boots, no insert; light soled boots, one insert; and very thin water shoes, two inserts. I just can't use the XXLs barefoot. Hope that helps. (Bob says I have big feet) :D

thanks for reply. I have seen they have the float tube ones with adjustable top. The urethane looks like the same as the Pro model but cut off with an adjustable foot topper and a heel strap too. Is this sturdy enough for diving and does it feel and handle like the Pro model? mk

Last edited:
Mattkinz, The Float tube fin was designed for float tubing. The Poly-urethane is the standard 86A. We make a Dive Adjustablehttp://www.forcefin.com/product/51/FFA.html only in black,american-flag.jpg still due to special customers needs. All Force Designs are sturdy for their applications. I've been excited about gearing up the SD-1 Model. All Force Fin's are made in America. Hope this helps. best, Bob

my force fin pro's have been my favorites. I lost one and replaced them. Thank you Bob Evans for a great design. I have XL's and cannot fit new booties in them. do I need the XXL to fit boots with bigger soles? BTW see my homemade spring
fin straps. mk
Hey Matt
I have EXTREMELY wide feet (EEE) but wear a 10EEE or 10.5 if not wide enough.
I have both XL and XXL Force Fins.
I use the XL with comfort inserts for barefoot, but use the XXL with booties otherwise.

Also, I see no need to add spring straps if the fin is fit correctly.

I was going to guide 4 divers on an hour long dive but as we were gearing up, 2 divers developed with issues using their rental "boards" because the were trying to pull the straps so tight to keep the boards jammed on their toes!
I said, "Boy am I glad I don't need to do that! My fins will work work even without straps!"
To illustrate this (I was wearing ForceFin Extras) I never even used the straps at all on the entire dive. I flipped them under the fin. No problem!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom