Have You Seen "the Shallows" Trailer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCNaiad

Dive babble all day long
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Article w trailer

"Sometimes the shallow waters are just as dangerous as the deep unknown. This is certainly the case for Blake Lively in this exclusive trailer for her upcoming film The Shallows.

In the trailer, Lively, 28, is seen trapped on a rock as she clutches her injured leg and screams for help while a great white shark viciously circles in the water beneath her.

'What was once in the deep, is now in the shallows,' reads the movie poster.

Lively plays Nancy, a young woman who decides to go surfing in an isolated area. Things take a turn for the deadly when she finds herself stranded just yards from land, face-to-face with a shark swimming in the shallow waters."

I have seen the trailer and find myself shaking my head as yet again the media goes and depicts the Great White as nothing more than a mindless killing machine. It's sad really, sharks are elegant creatures who when respected pose little danger to humans. But yet again they find themselves being cast in a poor light by the media in the name of a buck!

If you see the film, you'll realize they made a long form math word problem into a full fledged movie. The crap logic gone into it is staggering. She even gauges the speed of the shark and determines velocity. Another hit job on Sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom