Having My own air compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

myself

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Due to the fact that the nearest dive shop to me is about 3hrs of driving away I have been considering finding a way to fill my own tanks. One of the options that I have come across is to find a filter unit for a scuba compressor and then pair that with a compressor for pcp airguns that reaches pressures in line with or higher than scuba tanks. I know that this would probably take a while to fill a tank, but I will only need to fill one or two at a time. I was wondering how feasible something like this sounds to all you people that have more knowledge about this than I do.

Here is a link to a compressor along the lines of what I am looking at. This one may be a little on the smaller/cheaper side of what I am looking at, but it gives an idea of what I want to do.

I just set up a home air full station.

You will want to use a compressor designed for breathing air. I added an additional 21 inch filter in mine for better filtration plus another intake filter. 2 bank bottles at 4500 psi. In total it was a little over 6k plus the electric work for the compressor outlet.

I just set up a home air full station.

You will want to use a compressor designed for breathing air. I added an additional 21 inch filter in mine for better filtration plus another intake filter. 2 bank bottles at 4500 psi. In total it was a little over 6k plus the electric work for the compressor outlet.
What is the difference in the compressors? I thought it was just the filtration system that made it a breathing air compressor? I'm sure that you know way more about this than I do, so please help me learn.

I'm not sure the exacts.

As for the one you linked I would not trust it.

yeah, that was just a cheap one that I found for an example. Is this a better option? breathing air compressor | eBay

Do some research into it. Look at run times parts availability. I'm not familiar with that brand but I don't follow these. I got an alkin but they are a bit more than that one.

Ok, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom