Having trouble with the Search feature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was trying to search Stahlsac, both throughout the Board and in the Gear Bag forum, and only got 2 hits, both from 2001. So, I tried a couple of others, ScubaPro, Avanti, Oceanic, and got a couple of recent posts on Scubapro and Oceanic, followed by pages of posts from 2000 and 2001. Avanti got me 1 post from 2001. Is it just me, and can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Erik

I’ll agree something is up with the search function. Posts are NOT in chronological order from most recent.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 21.55.26.png

I was trying to search Stahlsac, both throughout the Board and in the Gear Bag forum, and only got 2 hits, both from 2001. So, I tried a couple of others, ScubaPro, Avanti, Oceanic, and got a couple of recent posts on Scubapro and Oceanic, followed by pages of posts from 2000 and 2001. Avanti got me 1 post from 2001. Is it just me, and can it be fixed?

Thanks,
Erik
I've found using Chrome: site:scubaboard.com (something) gives consistently good results

While we are on the subject, have you looked at the advanced search functions?

I've found using Chrome: site:scubaboard.com (something) gives consistently good results

True, but ScubaBoard's Advanced Search function has a lot more search criteria such as member names, title prefixes, forums, and date ranges. For example, you can find all of @drrich2's Trip Reports in any number of specific forums.

Back
Top Bottom