Hawaii in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blitz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok, so the girlfriend and I have 3 divable days in Hawaii in the end of May, she is a newer diver and we want to see some turtles and pretty fishies. Realizing that conditions will decide the dive sites, does anyon have a recommendation or fond memory of a dive site?

Thanks,

you should probably repost over on the Hawaii forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291

several members here live there and will be able to give you all the advice you need. Hawaii is great for beginners so your girlfriend will be fine.

robint

Turtle canyon on Oahu is very nice and you will definitly see turtle hugh ones!! There are some good wreck dives also the YO and sea tiger great. You are bound to see turtles on Oahu. don't know what Island your going to, but Kauai has great dive site too. Phathom five divers great shop shop on Kauai. Kaimana divers on Oahu (kaimandivers.com) There are more but can't find my book to tell you all sites but definitly go with Kaimana divers Gabe is great and he will take you to nice spots. I lived on oahu for 6 months and checked out many dive shops he is the best

My wife and I will be diving with both Gabe at Kaimana and Lissa and Roger with Oahu Scuba Divers (both companies highly recommended) in Mid May. Because we haven't been diving much, and my wife had some less than good experiences a while back, we will only be doing shallower dives. Sounds like it will be the same stuff you will be doing. I will report back with our experiences. If you haven't heard from me, just PM me before you go.

BTW, Sharks Cove is supposed to be an awesome site, but only accessible during the Summer, due to surf conditions. We are playing it by ear this trip, but in late May it might be a very good option. Make sure and ask about it.

Regards,

Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom