Hawaii - Suggestions anyone...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dove with Kona Dive Co. I had a really good experience with them. I liked the fact they did not have a preset agenda or bottom time for our dives. We saw a tiger shark in the harbor going out and they put out anchor just outside the harbor to try and get a glimpse. We did see the sihlouette during our dive off in the distance. On our second dive we all had good air consumption and our bottom time was just over 60 minutes. Our DM let us stay under for a little while longer instead of bringing the whole group up at 40 minutes. I was wondering why I felt a little chilled towards the end of the dive until I checked out the bottom time. Besides, my daughter loved the brownies.

On hawai'i island.
Jacks if your staying in kona/Kilauea, with kona dives just as good except the manta dive (bigger boat is a plus here since its off the most western point usually)
North kohala divers is very good
Been with most of them.

If you have 2 divers almost everything is divable from the shore too. Just an FYI.
Do plsce of refuge in kona if you can its cool.

On hawai'i island.
Jacks if your staying in kona/Kilauea, with kona dives just as good except the manta dive (bigger boat is a plus here since its off the most western point usually)
North kohala divers is very good
Been with most of them.

If you have 2 divers almost everything is divable from the shore too. Just an FYI.
Do plsce of refuge in kona if you can its cool.

Unfortunately just me diving, plus a snorkler... But I'm on holiday! Don't want to haul tanks!

thats good to know....btw you have his link in your signature ...seems like he's the only dive shop owner who posts on here daily..good advertising
No business relation to Gabe or Kaimana Divers here -- other than spending my money with them. Two whole posts, huh? Welcome to SB, I'm sure you'll be around a long time.

Yep, I put that there to promote a business with which I've had good experiences. If you have some kind of a problem with that, I'd love (ok, more like be mildly amused) to hear what it is.

2 loyal soldiers? or one man joined the same year a few months apart both with kamamna divers url
hope he pays you guys (or guy) good money for all this online advertising your doing for him for the vacation diver with no experience who isn't use to biased reviews online
No relation other than a happy customer.

PS, fixed the typo for you. :wink:

Well, both lonebrave and I dive a Petrel; are sometimes on a Kaimana dive at the same time; and, I think we both have libertarian and tech diving leanings. Still, I'm pretty sure we're different people. For example, I sue people for a living and solo dive with doubles. I think he's in some kind of IT field for a living and dives single tanks with a buddy. And if he's getting paid for the sig link I stole from him, I need to talk to Gabe about getting in on that!

Anyway, your spate of "scottitheduck is the only dive business ever to be promoting/promoted on SB -- conspiracy!" posts are weird enough to comment on, but not interesting enough to talk about more than this.

You sure seem butt-hurt about something, tho.

did your best buddy just call you to hurry up run to the computer or did u simply log out find a vpn change your ip and reply to my post. you kaimana guys really are fast to respond..btw i have seen numorus post by "lone brave" telling everyone to try kaimana... funny thing is I just joined today to try to find a scuba club but seen so many strange things on sb i wanted to show my observation. why all the hostility guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's hostility/incredulity because your first dozen or so posts have all been, for lack of a better term, really :censored:ing strange. Unless you think you're somehow competing with KD, in which case they're only somewhat strange.

In the unlikely event you're really new to HI and looking for a club: KD's dive club is pretty good if you want to do regular 2 tankers for a good price and have some variety in where you go. Ocean Legends seems to have a club too, and they're much better if you're interested in CCRs or tech. Island Divers has a club that looks like a good deal and they're also more tech-capable right now. ID's Hawaii Kai/Hickam base locations aren't good for me, though. lonebrave is a member of Dive Oahu's club, so he can speak to that one; I don't know jack about em.

Back
Top Bottom