Hawaiian island all-inclusive dive resorts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobby T

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from Scuba Club Cozumel and loved it. For those that haven't been there it's a small resort - 80ish rooms, right on the ocean (easy shore diving), private dive operation, reasonably priced, no kids, and about as clean, quiet, and dive oriented as you could ever want. Diving and food was part of the package - alcohol was extra. Best vacation I ever had. Does anyone know of any resorts on the Hawaiian islands that might be similar?

I don't know that you'll find that in Hawaii very readily. Most everything is a la carte. Hawaii sees a lot of tourists, but despite the fact that there's good diving here, only a small fraction are divers.

I think it is because of the costs involved. Hawaii is terribly expensive to vacation at from what I can come up with and that has always pushed my entire group of buddies away. It really is too bad because I would love to come to Hawaii and do much more than just dive.

Last edited:
Afaik, there are no AI Dive resorts in Hawaii. There are resorts/condo complexes that have diveops on-site.

But diving is not their primary focus. And I don't think any of them are AI.

A few options: there's the Grand Wailea in Kihei (Maui) - we rented tanks from their diveshack, the Sheraton at Black Rock has one that rents tanks/gear for their dive. A resort up around Kapalua with a shoredive/diveop onsite and a timeshare/condo complex in Kaanapali with a shoredive/diveop onsite. The Four Seasons Manele Bay on Lanai used to have a diveop onsite - maybe still does, the link I had is bad but they mention diving on their activities page. And the hotel on the Kohala (Big Island) coast with the dolphins may also as I believe they did Discover dives in the hotel's lagoon.

There are no AIs, that I know of, but everyone raves about the Aggressor.

It's the difference in "destinations." Cozumel has good diving and a few ruins, but the Big Island is the size of Connecticut with an amazing array of things to do, diving is just a drop in the bucket here, were else in the world can you go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon?

There are no AIs, that I know of, but everyone raves about the Aggressor.

It's the difference in "destinations." Cozumel has good diving and a few ruins, but the Big Island is the size of Connecticut with an amazing array of things to do, diving is just a drop in the bucket here, were else in the world can you go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon?

Ahhh......Southern California. I grew up in Glendale, surfed in the am and would run up Angeles Crest Highway to ski Half day at Kradka Ridge. Natural snow like here but at least they had a chair lift.

I know , I am just messing with you but you asked!

We live and love the Big Island and dive as much as possible.
Aloha

were else in the world can you go skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon?

Ahhh......Southern California. I grew up in Glendale, surfed in the am and would run up Angeles Crest Highway to ski Half day at Kradka Ridge. Natural snow like here but at least they had a chair lift.

I know , I am just messing with you but you asked!

We live and love the Big Island and dive as much as possible.
Aloha

Exactly, We used to be able to go all the way up 39 to Kratka Ridge or Wrightwood in the morning. Return and go surfing in the afternoon.:wink:

I love diving in Kona. I hope to return real soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom