HD1 Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vdubmixer

Registered
Reaction score
Here is my first attempt at editing UW video. I compressed it quickly and hit anamorphic on accident, so it's in 4:3 instead of 16:9. I will correct it tonight and re upload.

WARNING: 80 Megs

HD1 video

right click save as....
Also in quicktime 7 h.264 format so you need quicktime 7

You can download it here if you need it. it's free http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

Mike7:
Stunning quality, like your style/movement as well!

Thanks Mike!

I am going to do a little touch up on it tonight and when it is in 16:9 it should have a little better quality.

It was worth updating quicktime for it. :p

I cant wait till my holidays to do some proper filming, using a camera in a pool just isnt the same. :)

I'll try adding the video to my sony psp as it uses the h.264 format now so it will look even better.

I downloaded it but only watched the first three minutes, bed time...

Overall very good, no unnecessary silly effects. Cuts and or dissolves are better then 99.9% of the various effects some editing software makes possible.

One negative, I almost immediately went looking for the volume controls. To me the music was too loud. I tend to like the music to be "support' not "lead' to the video.

Would I watch the full version, yes. A very good job. It made me wish I was on that dive.

MikeC:
I downloaded it but only watched the first three minutes, bed time...

Overall very good, no unnecessary silly effects. Cuts and or dissolves are better then 99.9% of the various effects some editing software makes possible.

One negative, I almost immediately went looking for the volume controls. To me the music was too loud. I tend to like the music to be "support' not "lead' to the video.

Would I watch the full version, yes. A very good job. It made me wish I was on that dive.

Much appreciated :D . The audio is a good point. I did not get a chance to mess with that before compressing.

Thanks for the critique.

cool stuff, didn't find any issue with the audio level, only issue was with the divers in your group....what was the deal with grabbing at the fish and looping them near the end....would love to see one of those guys grab a puffer and get a hand full of barbs....that'll teach em to touch the sea life....

-Mark

One additional point, the server you used had an download speed ranging from 225-300k. For a large file fast speed is better. It didn't take an annoyingly long time to download your video.

Last week I downloaded a video someone put on some free service and the fastest it would go was 26k!!!!! The file was 48 Meg in size... It was not worth the wait.

I was actually getting upwards of 1000k download speeds(we have a nice pipe here :) )....could be your connection or route at the time....

-Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom