hdr fx7 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just be aware that moisture may become an issue. One of my FX1's developed a focusing problem so I had the lens assembly replaced. Since FX1 lens assemblies were not available the shop replaced it with an FX7 assembly (the same except the housing was a darker color). And yes this cost me about $1200. After a few weeks it fogged up - never in 3 years has this happened. The shop fixed it for free but pointed out that "sealed" is a bit of a misnomer (marketing hype?). So if you are successful in cleaning the lens you may inadvertently open yourself up to moisture. I guess factory "sealed" is better than what a shop can do? Nothing that a desiccant can't fix.

Did you try Whacking the side of the camera to dislodge the dust and move it to a less visible area? Not a fix, but might make it tolerable.

well i stripped my cam down! they literally built this camera around the lens i had to remove everything to get to the part i needed to clean!!! i stripped out all of the circuits, cables and chassis.. it took about 5 hours to take apart! But it worked! i would like to say thankyou to umberth for the disassembly manual and a big $#** you to sony for trying to rip me off!!

they probably didnt want to do it due to the effort involved. terrible customer service!

thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom