HDV users that steel strugle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
For most of you this might not be relevant but for some of us more gullible and taking labels for granted this post might be a good input. To give you a brief history, I have the HC1 and for the last 2 months been trying to work with my 2.8 GHZ Pentium 4 1GBt ram computer, download all trial versions from the major NLE providers, no success, In my opinion when you check the minimum requirements, this requirements are for dv only. Today I've bought a gateway double core with 2 gigs RAM nothing fancy, installed trial versions of different NLE and guess what? they work great so consider changing your computer if you want to edit HDV and your computer is older.

paulpost:
For most of you this might not be relevant but for some of us more gullible and taking labels for granted this post might be a good input.To give you a brief history, I have the HC1 and for the last 2 months been trying to work with my 2.8 GHZ Pentium 4 1GBt ram computer, download all trial versions from the major NLE providers, no success, In my opinion when you check the minimum requirements, this requirements are for dv only.Today I've bought a gateway double core with 2 gigs RAM nothing fancy, installed trial versions of different NLE and guess what? they work great so consider changing your computer if you want to edit HDV and your computer is older.

I started with dual xeons and 2 gb of ram when I started doing HDV (a little over 2 years ago). Even using the cineform codec, which I believe is great, I wouldn't consider using anything less (esp doing 1920x1080).

Centrino Duo, 2 gig of ram, When rendering I'm only at 48% CPU usage :D

That's why I went to a mac same problem. Mark

My P4 3.0GHz won't really cope smoothly with HDV .m2t files either (Vegas 7) so I capture in 16:9 DV from the camera (Sony Z1) and edit in that. I even use those files for my customer DVDs. But I switch the edited files for HDV at the end and archive stock in that, or use that for downconversion to web movies.

Would like to make a quantum leap in processor power (i.e. quad) when I finally upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom