He unavailable - DeepAir again?

Your dealing with unpurchaseable He, if so?

• No problems with purchasing He here.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Hard to get He - so I practice DeepAir up to 210ft

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Hard to get He - so I practice DeepAir below 210ft

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Hard to get He - depth limit is 120ft with air

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • He hard to get= expensive so I got a CCR

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always maintained narcosis is subjective and some people are impaired more @.79 PPN that others are at depths of 50m.

that's true and also validated by some research - but this just means you can't really "know" when it will hit you - He to the rescue.

yes it costs money - this is a hobby - you pay money to have fun. I agree that for some people fun also includes narcosis - just not for me :)

Matan.

I have a CCR. I won’t go below 100’ without helium. I have no idea about others, but knowing the difference helium makes with minimizing narcosis makes it safe to say I simply will not dive deep without it. I’d be surprised if there are people who have used trimix that were willing to believe they could do just as well with air.

I did TDI AN/DP trained deep air to 150’. Deco on 50/50 - pretty standard.
Warm water high vis - 150’ on air.
Cold water, good vis like Socal at Farnsworth Bank 130’ on air.
Around here, good vis - about 100’ or less on air, (there better be something good.)
Around here low vis, cold dark- 60’ or less.

I did TDI AN/DP trained deep air to 150’. Deco on 50/50 - pretty standard.
Warm water high vis - 150’ on air.
Cold water, good vis like Socal at Farnsworth Bank 130’ on air.
Around here, good vis - about 100’ or less on air, (there better be something good.)
Around here low vis, cold dark- 60’ or less.
I know everybody knows what you mean, I know it is just terminology, but it is a pet peeve of mine.
Deco on 50%.
50/50 would be a very odd heliox blend that would make for very expensive decompression.
Sorry, it was bothering me.

Btw I just noticed that Dan Europe has a limit on insurance at 3.95 ATA Nitrogen. So if you dive deep air without telling them, you’ll be breaching the insurance terms. :)

I see there are some Great Lakes divers on this thread. What do people usually use for the Thomas Hume dive? Note -- I've got plenty else to see in the Great Lakes before I would think of going there, so it's not in the near term for me, but just curious. That bottoms out around 145 feet, right?
I've been diving it regularly for over 10 years and have made dozens of dives on that wreck. The most common gasses I see used on OC these days are 21/35, ean25, or thankfully much less frequently air. But there are also a lot of people who gas choice depends on their groups or their personal preferences or what they have left from other dives. Even rebreather divers are all over with what they use. Personally, the first few years i dove it was on 25% then I wised up and switched to 18/45 (personal preference). A little over 3 years ago I switched to a rebreather and those dives on it have all been on 18/45.
:)

Btw I just noticed that Dan Europe has a limit on insurance at 3.95 ATA Nitrogen. So if you dive deep air without telling them, you’ll be breaching the insurance terms. :)
Interesting. I renewed my Dan europe yesterday and missed that. Got silver for a number of reasons, one being deeper than 40m (Just in case).

3.95 ATA = 40m on air.

Reading through terms and conditions. General Definitions 31. I assume this is what you are quoting? Not 26 for recreational diver?

My qualification covers 50m on air with non accelerated decompression.

Looks like no just in case allowed for holiday diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom