Headed for warmer waters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibnygator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cool...sitting in upstate New York with a 1:30 flight to Ft. Lauderdale today for three days of diving in Key Largo. Got the Spiegel Grove, the Duane and the Bibb on the schedule among others...

Just a little bit psyched for this... :thumb:

Hope y'all have quality dive plans for the weekend too...

I just got back last week. The trip just reminded me how much this Florida Boy misses the sunshine state.

Hence the avatar and the screen name. I'm physically transplanted to New York for the past few years, but my heart stayed in Florida.

;-0

I've always (jokingly) said that when I get old and retire, I'm going to move to Ohio,......and drive slow. Every morning, at 7:30am, I will drive to breakfast in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,......and drive slow. Every evening, at 5:00pm, I will drive to dinner in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,..... and drive slow. Every Friday at noon, I will drive to the bank in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,...... and drive slow. :eek:ut:

When Ohioans start acting like that, we send them to Florida! Seriously, go to any senior community and ask where everyone's from. They're all from Ohio, Cincinnati mostly! It's the only other state that has Skyline Chili.

Either you get it, or you don't.

Rachel

Dennis, you made me lol.

The elderly are actually easier to take than the NY'ers. The elderly are at least cautious (if slightly nearsighted). Some of the NY'ers have driven twice in their adult life and....well, it shows. (Note how nice I'm trying to be....:D ).

(Sorry, ibnygator--I'm not implicating you.......:rolleyes: ).

DennisW once bubbled...
I've always (jokingly) said that when I get old and retire, I'm going to move to Ohio,......and drive slow. Every morning, at 7:30am, I will drive to breakfast in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,......and drive slow. Every evening, at 5:00pm, I will drive to dinner in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,..... and drive slow. Every Friday at noon, I will drive to the bank in the left hand lane with my turn signal going the whole way,...... and drive slow. :eek:ut:

Why are you going to move to OH...just because we are a bit behind the rest of the country doesn't me we are all slow. To drive in OH....you need to act un-predictably....

Drving slow in the rocket lane is predictable....what you should do is drive in the middle lane with your hazards on....go about 80 around someone (be sure to glare at them for driving too slow), then slam on your brakes when you see a cop, and dive into the right lane. When that same car passes you buy, glare at him as if he didn't see the cop and is now driving way too fast.

Oh yeah, you are also only allowed to use your hazards in OH, we don't have turn signals here, stop-signs with the white borders are optional, and you get points for knocking people over in the cross-walks.

KBeck once bubbled...
Dennis, you made me lol.

The elderly are actually easier to take than the NY'ers. The elderly are at least cautious (if slightly nearsighted). Some of the NY'ers have driven twice in their adult life and....well, it shows. (Note how nice I'm trying to be....:D ).

(Sorry, ibnygator--I'm not implicating you.......:rolleyes: ).

Dennis' description of the elderly driving is exactly the way I remember it. Used to drive me nuts!!

I spent a few years in Bradenton, Florida and it seemed like every other license plate was Ohio. The rest were Michigan and none of them could drive at all.

Before I moved to New York, I used to abuse NY drivers. Now I understand that it is only those from NYC...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom