Headed to Charleston this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sandmanz, the Cooper is a bit cold but vis should be pretty good. As for offshore, I'm not sure if any of the operations are running this time of the year. If you can locate Lee Taylor on here, he is usually a pretty good source for info on this area.

I went diving in the Cooper this past weekend. Temps were around 50F and viz with a good light was excellent at 4-6'. Came up with a couple dozen teeth up to 2.5" over three dives.

Cheers,
Lilla

I went diving in the Cooper this past weekend. Temps were around 50F and viz with a good light was excellent at 4-6'. Came up with a couple dozen teeth up to 2.5" over three dives.

Cheers,
Lilla

Yea, id say that is excellent viz for the cooper! I dove there last summer and could barely see my hand.

Are you going on a charter or to Strawberry?

Who are you going to use and how much is it? I ask because I plan on going in the next couple months. I used to dive the area quite a bit back in the late 80's and ealy 90's but charters weren't real popular if available at all for the cooper.

Did you have any pictures of your haul you can post?

Cheers,
Lilla

Yep, here ya go. We used Cooper River Diving and were very pleased. For some reason the website won't load for me right now but it's cooperriverdiving.com.

Cooper 12.08.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom