Headed to Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Parguera is a great place but is about 2 hours out of San Juan. Humacao is another place but is average diving there. You can dive Fajardo as well but Humacao is only 20 minutes further down and fewer resort divers. Its about an hour from SJ. Culebra is much better. Make sure you stop by Mamacitas for drinks or food. I think there is only one dive shop there now and they are next to the ferry. Google Puerto Rico diving. All the dive shops are listed. I actually had a great time on Culebra.

I dove with SeaVentures the last time. They are out of both Humacao and Fajardo. They are a very good outfit and the dive sites are only a few minutes out of the harbors.

Culebra, La parguera 35+ dive sites, Desecheo Island and Mona island "some say these are the best 2 dive sites in the caribbean..., Isabela "cavern dives", Aguadilla reef shore dives.... go to bluewaterscubapr(near San juan and La parguera), casa del mar(In Fajardo), Aquatica dive and surf (Aguadilla), Taino Divers(Rincon..the nearest point to Desecheo) there are many more but these are the ones I personally know! have fun and dive safe.

Last edited:
I had a great time with Taino Divers in Rincon, PR in April.

It's about 1 1/2 hours from San Juan, but worth it.

See my dive report.

Dave

I too am headed to PR in October 2010. Interested to hear about your trip Texas Outdoors. Please post when you return. I have researched and researched and am now throughly confused as to where to go and who to go out with. Just want good vis and to get wet and see some stuff.
Please advise. Thanks!

Hey Texas,
could you give us some feedback...

Thinking about going 1st of November...
let me know how it was.

Back
Top Bottom