Heading out to GC 9/15 for a week - any meets and greets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilg

Registered
Reaction score
My better-half of 30 years and I can't wait to go! We're doing our AOW with WalltoWall (yeah, I know it might be overrated
04.gif
but we need all the coaching we can get) and looking forward to a glorious week of great diving and R&R. Hope the tropics remain calm and the weather favorable. Drop us a note if our paths should cross.
:monkeydance:

I'll be on island the same time,my schedule is quite busy though.I will be diving with DNS diving and doing mostly morning dives.You should do Sting Ray city if you get the chance,I prefer it snorkeling on days that the cruise ships are not there.It seems that Tuesday there are NO ships in.

Here is the Cruise ship scedule:

Ship Schedules

For shore dives try"

Eden Rock - not great but a nice dive....do it with NO ships in.

Sunset House

Turtle Reef - Behind Cracked Conch restuarant in West Bay

Have fun.

Last edited:
We might see you on the plane if you are flying through Houston, but our time on GC will be limited to about an hour on the 15th and about 3 hours on the 22nd. We will be on LC the rest of the time. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for the info EastEndDiver and safe diving to you too. We did sting ray city about 7 years ago with our kids and had a BLAST. Definitely worth a second visit. We will also checkout some of the sites you have mentioned.

Aggiediver, yes we have a connection from DFW to IAH on Saturday and I'm pretty sure we'll be on the same United plane to GC. We'll be on the 4pm return flight on the 22nd. BTW my son graduated in May from A&M, I assume you have some affiliation based on your username?! Let us know what your LC visit was like if you have time later -- for future reference. Have fun too!

This is going to be a very "interesting" trip, it will be our first time flying with our scuba equipment...

We're booked at the Comfort Suites on SMB.

Actually, Ambassador was our first choice due to it's convenient location and earlier good reviews. However, our experience dealing with this operator was less than satisfactory and we decided to "shop around". After 2 weeks of reading reviews / opinions and checking references ad nausea, we decided to go with WalltoWall this time. They responded quickly and satisfactory to all our questions and concerns. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Ambassador. Our impression was they wish not to be bothered with new and inexperienced divers.

Sorry to hear that.Jason is usually very accomodating,you have to do what your comfortable with.

Have a great time,who ever you use try to get to the North Wall as often as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom