Heads Up; 2005 Price Hikes for Poseidon & Viking ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks to the thoroughly crappy state of the dollar, (especially against the Scandinavian currencies), there will be some price hikes :wtf: on the Poseidon & Viking goodies.
The effective date is 21 February, 2005.
On a bright note, the Pro Tech/Combat suits are back (front zip models too) and there will be a front zip Xtreme available "sometime in the near future".
Drop an email if you have any questions.

what the new prices for just a dive 90 first would be? Been tossing around the idea to swap out my jetstream firsts for these, and keep my jetstream seconds.

The "full retail" price on just the bare DIVE 1st stage will be going up by $125!!!
To give some idea of how badly the dollar has fallen in the past couple of years, a 1 Kroner item now cost 1.4 Kroner. Heck of a jump
The prices on individual components are typically "scary" expensive, many folks find that it may be a better deal to pick up the entire reg & sell off the unwanted part. You won't have any trouble selling your Jetstream 1sts though, they're still a popular item to snatch up. We have a list of folks that are looking to pick up your "old" first stages.
I'll PM you with the particulars.

Well, even with the dollar dropping - how is it that your manufactuing/sales costs are so high as compared to others offering similar products?

BigboyDan:
Well, even with the dollar dropping - how is it that your manufactuing/sales costs are so high as compared to others offering similar products?
The numbers I rattled off were retail, that makes it look higher if its compared to discounter's prices.
The other big influencing factor is that China has their currency tied to the US dollar; stuff made in China stays pretty much at the same price relative to the dollar, no matter how low it sinks. China can get away with it easier because they export way more than they import, unlike the US, which imports more than it exports.

Back
Top Bottom