Hellcat? Hell, yeah! (an adventure to the F6F Hellcat off Kihei, Maui)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't worry about the water being too polluted to dive in this area. I'm pretty sure it's just fine to dive in. If you're worried about it, don't go. If you do go, rinse off afterwards. Looks like a cool 'once in a while' dive to me.

I've never dove this site but rumors aside I'd dive it in a heart beat and will on my next trip over. I've dove much worse sewers in my life and so far so good. You should see what some of our lakes are like when the bloom hits in the warm months.

Let's hope no one takes things apart. Hopefully divers have gotten smarter over the years. I'm guilty of taking apart things back in the 60's. Where is that stuff now? Most of it is gone. Collecting isn't as cool as people think it is. Leave it for the next diver to enjoy. While diving in Key West this year a dive leader on the boat (usually dive leaders stay on the surface there, lousy job) went in the water with some tools and took a few gauges from the wreck we were diving. I kept my mouth shut but I wasn't impressed. This was a "real wreck" and not something sunk for divers. Still, let's leave it alone.

Thanks for the description! Dived it this week
8D580EA8-7B3B-429E-B010-969555AFB7E3.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom