Helldivers Rodeo..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JofZ

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just finished this book. Highly recommend it!
Quick read, very entertaining and perfect for the beach or vacation.

For those not familiar with the Helldivers Rodeo...
It is a group of sick individuals :D that enjoy diving and fishing on the off shore oil rigs.
If you did read it let me know your thoughts!

Yeah...those guys are freaking NUTS! Nothing like holding on and riding a (very pi$$ed off) 3-400 pound grouper down through an oil rig! Guess it pays to be accurate with a spear gun! Otherwise HANG ON!!!!!!!

Not the most PC book on the planet, but that's part of the reason I liked it.

Very fun book.

This is an extension of Jofz's comment.What other books/videos on diving do you recommend as good reading/viewing

Most books concern casualties. No reason not to read them, though, if you're new to the sport, it's a good education on what not to do. These I've read, all good reads:

The Last Dive

Deep Descent

The other DORIA book, can't remember title--Help? Fatal Depth??? The Newsday guy wrote it.

The Terrible Hours, by Peter Maas. Excellent book about the first submarine rescue from depth.

Try these for starters..

Fatal Depth and Shadow Divers are good ones :)

Helldivers seemed to be one of the few that was original and kept me reading. There are tons of scuba-centric tv shows and books out there.
Anybody check out any of the Discovery Channel HD short's? There is a really great 15 min video of the florida fresh water system and under water caves.

haha I just checked this out at my local library, which happens to be my place of employment. :)

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom