Hello Again - New to Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Scott

Instructor, Scuba
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello again. The last time I posted an introduction I was in the Chicago area. I am on my way to Corsicana, TX for the next few years and I am hoping to meet someone to dive with and to find out what good dive locations are nearby.

A little about me:

I am a rescue diver and have been diving since 1994.
I am also 32 and single--for all you lady divers out there. :wink:

I have been diving in conditions from the warm water in the Philippines to the ice covered water in Pennsylvania (my home state).

I am looking forward to trying some new dive locations in Texas.

Scott

Might as well get used to saying howdy, or "haady" in my neck of the woods. There are alot of Texans around here so you should be in good hands.

Welcome to Texas, hope you like Bar-B-Que :wink: .

Hi and welcome to the board.

I live in Atlanta, GA but I lived in Texas for 12 years. I am a Texan at heart!!!! It gorws onyou. You are going to love it. Ditto about the BBQ. Don't know what BBQ is until you have it in Texas OK I am getting homesick, :).

Dive safe!!!

Welcome to Tejas!

Be sure to check out the Texas Swamp Divers Forum. You'll find lots of other divers around Texas, as well as a number of activities being planned.

Have a great time here in the Lone Star!

Some of us were born here, the rest of ya got here as quick as you could!

Welcome, MasterBlaster!

Joe

Hi MasterB;
I just moved here from Chicago 4 months ago.
I LOVE Texas!
Everything here is BIGGER, and better.

Love it, Love it, Love it.
Hope you will too.

:sunny:

" The stars at night,
Are big and bright ....
Deep in the heart of Texas ...

sing along ...

Welcome to Texas. And there is diving all around! From Corsicana, check out Athens Scuba Park in Athens (37 miles from Corsicana!) www.athensscubapark.com. Or where I go nearly every weekend lately is Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell (73 miles from Corsicana) www.clearspringsscubapark.com. And then there's Possum Kingdom (130 miles or so) www.scubapointpk.com, and Lake Travis (150 miles or so). And of course, the BEST may be the Flower Gardens (drive 250 miles or so to Freeport, then get on a boat and go another 100 miles ofshore or so). And then there's Balmorrhea, and the Frio River, and the San Marcos River, and Aquarena springs, and.... Well, you get the picture.

I've been going to Clear Springs cause it's very close to me. 20' vis, 70degree surface temp, 60 on bottom. Lots of stuff to see. Athens is good too, and close to you.

Welcome!

=Steve=

Hey MasterBlaster
There is a lot of us in the Dallas area, in fact we are getting together in November at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrel
probably Nov 22nd.

email me phazeshyft@yahoo.com

and please do check out the Texas Swamp Diving Team forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom