Hello all, glad to be here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninjadiver

Reaction score
Another castaway from the RSD board,

I am from the great city of Chicago, and love to talk about diving. My wife and I have been diving for only a year.

ninja

Hi Ninjadiver,

Welcome to Scuba Board. I hope to see you around quite a bit. We have a great combinations of experience levels in the Scuba Board users so if you have any questions, I am sure we can find someone who has some input. An remember, your questions, comments and input are always welcome.

Have fun, keep diving and let me know if there is anything you need.

Cheers,

Welcome Ninjadiver,

Welcome to the board and to diving! If there is anything we can do for you just let us know. We are always open to sugestions.

=-)

When did they shut down Rodale's board? I haven't been there for a long time. In a similar vane, I'm a "refugee" from the rec.scuba newsgroup. Oh, it's still there, but lately it's gotten to be a real sewer, just couldn't stomach it anymore.

Greg,

I don't think there was a shut down unless you consider the "loss of quality scuba discussion".

All of the forums out there have their place but many of us are just disappointed with the quality or where many of these forums have slipped to. Don't get me wrong, this may be a moderated board but we have never (knock on wood) had to "edit" a msg here. When we say moderated we only mean we want to keep the discussions legit and clean, there is really no need for people slamming or demeaning other divers especially when there are so many legit questions and serious divers that want or need help. We just hope to help those that have real questions and concerns.

=-)

That's why I dumped rec.scuba, you mean to say Rodale's was even worse?! That's REALLY bad!

Heya Greg G,

Well, I don't want to get in the middle of "who's bad and who's worse". Just as long as this forum here remains on track and can continue to help others and promote a positive growth in scuba diving then I know I will be happy. If it ever starts to slide downhill here, someone be sure to give me a swift kick in the ..... hehe

=-)

Greg,

I was just surfing around and went back and looked about and I think I can safely report that it has not gotten any better and sometimes even worse. ugh ...

Yeah, I did the same recently, logged in to rec.scuba and lurked just out of curiosity after having unsubscribed for a few months. It was still Scott v. Kramer v. Black v. Jammer et al, ad nauseum. At the time I unsubscribed, I had no less than 30 people in my kill file, and about 1/3 of the messages marked as ignore. Who needs it? I don't, I'm going diving.

Originally posted by Military Diver
Greg,

I was just surfing around and went back and looked about and I think I can safely report that it has not gotten any better and sometimes even worse. ugh ...

Back
Top Bottom