Hello Employers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiec21

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,
my name is Jamie at the moment I live in Essex England.
I passed my PADI Divemaster internship in September 2011 at The Just Scuba PADI resort in Cyprus.

I am looking for a job as a divemaster, put this training to good use, gain experience and Do my OWSI instructors course.

I don't really mind where in the world, I love the hot weather and outside/island life style. a live aboard would be amazing as well :).

my facebook URL is available on my profile page.

Hi everyone,
my name is Jamie at the moment I live in Essex England.
I passed my PADI Divemaster internship in September 2011 at The Just Scuba PADI resort in Cyprus.

I am looking for a job as a divemaster, put this training to good use, gain experience and Do my OWSI instructors course.

I don't really mind where in the world, I love the hot weather and outside/island life style. a live aboard would be amazing as well
C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

my facebook URL is available on my profile page.

Hi Jamie,

Being a bit of a sceptic, relying on dive operators to contact you or even go to your Facebook page is being a little naive.

IMHO, you need to decide where you want to go and research the dive operators in that area. What type of customer are they aiming at? What languages do they speak? What other skills apart from diving do you have that would be useful to the dive operator? Having answered these simple questions you then need to sell yourself to your chosen operators.

From what I read the DM market is flooded with those willing to work for nothing, and you want to be paid?

All the best

What do you have to offer a potential employer that makes you valuable enough that you deserve to be paid for providing it?

Figure that out, figure out what dive op you want to work for and where, study the dive op to see how your employment will be beneficial to that business, create a resume that explains that in a way the the dive op understands that hiring you will be immensely profitable, and then get that resume to them.

Back
Top Bottom