Hello everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carebear

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I joined the scubaboard a few months back in an attempt to understand this obsession with diving from my boyfriend....plus he tells me divers have the best sense of humor -which is always a plus with me!
I've always been a fish in the water, but diving scares me a little, mostly because my cousin (a master diver) passed away about a year ago from a pulmonary embolism that may have been diving related. Sorry to be morbid, but you can understand my apprehension! She also took birth control pills and flew a lot, which all may have contributed. I have not been able to find anything about risks of birth control and diving that is conclusive.
Anyway, having a great time so far, reading your posts and LMAO sometimes...also some really informative stuff.
Cheers!

I thought that the care bears were extinct. How do you get a good mask seal with a fuzzy face? lol
Sorry about your loved one. I lost a cousin to skydiving a few years back. All we can do is have a pasttime that we are passionate about and live life to the best that we can. It sounds that he did. It won't be long until you are hooked like your boyfriend.
Cheers Big Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman

Welcome to the boards! I started diving because I was intimidated by deep water. I never felt better than when I overcame the fear and really enjoyed myself. Good luck and I hope you learn to dive!:)

welcome aboard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom