hello from an armchair diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just "googled" the Kamloops wreck (in Supeior) and found this site facinating! I am a complete "landlubber:" my maiden name was Murphy and there are two types of Murphys in Ireland, the lifeboat men and the horsemen. I get seasick watching a movie - guess which Murphys I belong to? (40 years pro in the horse business and now run a donkey and mule rescue).

My attraction to wrecks came from my other interest: weather. I found the book about the 1913 Great Lakes wrecks, White Hurricane, a incredible weather book, which also introduced me to unique maritime aspects of the Great Lakes (keep in mind, our ranch here in New Mexico considers 8 inches of rain a year a veritable flood!). Weather is what attracted me to some of my other armchair adventures, like climbing (read damn near everything on Everest and the other big climbs), sailing (from Fastnet Force Ten to Perfect Storm, I read 'em all), trekking, etc. I won't be much help to you diving folks....can't share any info (unless you're looking for a horse) but will truly enjoy your graciousness in letting a complete landlocked woman join your group. Thanks, Maureen Hamilton (longearlady)

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Hope your enjoy your reading here, but - maybe you need to get out more?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

don :snorkel:

Longearlady,

I bet you grow the best corn!
I used to live in Phoenix, next door, we measured rainfall in inches.
How many inches between the drops that actually hit the ground.
Your adventures can still make you a valuable asset to the group, and the board an asset to you, so WELCOME!
Even though you're not a diver, it would be nice to know about you and your longeared friends; mules, donkeys, and corn.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

We always have room for another groupie! Enjoy the banter!

Dive safe when you lean on that armchair and keep your gaze on the horizon so you don't get seasick while reading this!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! :dazzler1:

:369: Hi there longearlady, my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. :auto:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Everest, eh? Great stuff! I'm a Sandy Irvine fan. And love the work you do with the critters! I've had a couple of horses that were on their way to the knackers...a narky mare (Arab x) and a thoroughbred with the temperament of a labrador on valium who was a doll, but not suited at to the track (he found his metier in dressage).

I love maritime literature as well (which rather makes sense, given that my profession is now in the field of maritime history, and I write a fair bit on the subject of mercantile marine history). At the moment I half the Museum's library of Oz coastal shipwrecks in my office bookshelf - everything from the Yongala to the Myola.

Great to see you here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom