Hello from Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi everyone!
Writing to you from the Plaza Resort Bonaire. I have a dive in 20 minutes so this will be a quickie! We're having a great time. Diving is fantastic. The gang down here will probably find this thread and chime in when we return.
So far seen, tons of shrimp, groupers, parrotts, tarpon, turtles, 3 or four different sea hourses, coral spawning, and zillions of other things. Sandy, Neil, June, Walter, and others have fantastic pictures to share.
We are going to make this a yearly trip, so if you didn't make this one, we're going again next September for sure!

the gang, have a great time. I sit here in pure envy of you all. Bonaire is one of Pams and my favorite places. Maybe next year we can dive it with you all.

Charlie

Can't wait for the pics

livestodive once bubbled...
I sit here in pure envy of you all.

You and me both Charlie!!

Mom, tell the group Hi from Kathy and myself. I am getting PBD bad. You need to tell the group that they are going to have it when they return home, there is no known cure and can only be temp relieved by a return visit. :)

Made it home safe and sound with no airport delays for once in my life!

This Bonaire trip was fabulous! The diving was phenomenal - I will post the link to my photos as soon as I've sorted through them for the good ones - there are over 600. Sheesh was I trigger happy. I promise no fish butts.

It was great meeting everyone! And seeing Walter, Natasha, and Bob (and my roomie!) again. I truly enjoyed everyone's company.

Still trying to catch up on sleep - getting up at 4am for that 6am flight was rough. It took 2 people to get me out of bed - Kim knocking at the door and June yelling at me to get up. Thanks gals!

Sandy

Hopefully they'll be able to clean up the mess you folks make by the time I get back in November. Oye's to Steve & Ramon in the dive shop hoist one for me at the Coconut Crash.

Steven

I just shot almost 72 exposures of the same small-mouth bass last weekend......

I don't think anything from Bonaire can compare to that kind of exoctic U/W photography!

Hi all,

just got back 3 hours ago thought I'd check in.

Thanks for the company all week and the diving was great.

Shame you guys were not there for that last Saturday afternoon dive, saw the biggest Manta ever, camera wasn't working though so you'll just have to take my word for it.

picture link in a couple of days time.

got to go I have a cunning plan to develope.

see you soon

Neil

neilstewart once bubbled...
... Shame you guys were not there for that last Saturday afternoon dive, saw the biggest Manta ever, camera wasn't working though so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Neil, I believe I told you in the hotel lobby when you were "bragging" about more diving ... "oh p*** o**" - in other words - I am soooooooo jealous!

My trip back was grand, the extra attention, the BEST buddies (thanks Mark & Anita), and giving Mom the grey hairs... just a bonus :D

My photos will be available Thurs / Friday. I hope the turtle, eagle rays and seahorses turn out! Well those and all the "people" pics.

What can I say about the visit to island in just a word? fantastic Had a grand time, the availabilty of the unlimited shore diving gave me the opportunity to definately feed my fix. Satisfied no -- I think - no I KNOW, I need more time, more film, more buddies.

I can't say enough of the dive buddies I "conned" into diving extra with me. Walter, Bev, Dave 3, Dave 4... and well anyone else willing to dive, thanks a whole bunch.

Most memorable moments:
  • watching Walter get a free tow from Renée (not once but twice {the second on video})
  • getting a "Walter" tow -- yes I did it, and apparently he did not know!
  • getting a tow from Erika - I just couldn't resist
  • improving my air consumption so I could do hour+ dives
  • diving with new buds -- thanks guys & gals, I'll dive you folks anytime -- if you warm water wimps come north, I may even sponsor your charter (hehehe)
  • diving after the eagle ray to catch the pic
  • finding seahorses on my own
  • well, gosh darn it, I enjoyed the visit!

Seattle folks, drop a PM, and perhaps we can dive (I should be able to by then) or do dinner when I'm there.

What can I say? That was a most excellent adventure! Wonderful people and grrreat diving! Thanks to Natasha and Dave for a great trip. After packing 23 dives in, I'm done {until next week anyway :wink:}.

DivingGal: You are most welcome. Anita and I agreed that getting the "whoosh-thru" treatment was well worth it - we'll be nominating someone to wear the bandage on all future trips! :D

Good luck with 're-integration' everyone. Sorry I missed some people at the airport to say cheers...

Mark

Back
Top Bottom