Hello from Chicago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Letsndy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wanted to jump in here and say hi! I am not certified but have done a couple discovery dives and loved it. Looking to get padi certified this summer. Had a blast doing the discovery and cant wait to get certified!

Welcome to the fun :) There is a lot of fun diving to do in our area! Check out one of our last events for Halloween that was at Haigh Quarry (you will spend A LOT of time here):
QUOTE]

plainfield huh? im actually from plainfield also lol. i just put chicago since im sure more people are familiar with that then plainfield.

good to know you guys are out here also. i have been calling a few places around trying to find the right place to begin.

plainfield huh? im actually from plainfield also lol. i just put chicago since im sure more people are familiar with that then plainfield.

good to know you guys are out here also. i have been calling a few places around trying to find the right place to begin.[/QUOTE]

We are Downtown...hope you called us too :wink:

good to know you guys are out here also. i have been calling a few places around trying to find the right place to begin.

We are Downtown...hope you called us too :wink:[/QUOTE]

i actually didnt, i just did a search through yahoo and you guys didnt come up. do you think you can pm me a price on getting certified? and some info?

You'd be surprised how many people are from the greater Chicago area on this board, including me! Welcome!

You'd be surprised how many people are from the greater Chicago area on this board, including me! Welcome!

thats awsome! i didnt even know anything like this existed in illinois. i thought it was just a tropical thing.

thats awsome! i didnt even know anything like this existed in illinois. i thought it was just a tropical thing.

Oh it is a very tropical thing! :rofl3: After all, Haigh Quarry is the "CARIBBEAN OF THE MIDWEST!" (Home - Haigh Quarry - The Place for Scuba Diving in Northern Illinois).

But on a more serious side, there's a lot of great diving up here. Haigh is one of my favorite quarry dives and Lake Michigan has great wreck diving for every level of diver. The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew on Scubaboard is a great way to keep up with what's going on around here and meet a lot of new dive friends.

Welcome to the board....there is actually quite a bunch of people that are active on this board from the midwest.

Welcome and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom