Hello from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bret440

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Everyone. My name is Bret. I'm completely new to diving. I was "introduced" to SCUBA Diving online. I started out by looking at pictures and watching videos on youtube. I'm most interested in Wreck Diving in the Great Lakes area. I've lived near the Great Lakes most of my life but never really took advantage of them. I've already learned a ton on this site. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can before I start training. This is a really awesome resource. I look forward to learning as much as I can and making new friends.

Thanks,

Bret

Welcome. Come out and play in our lake once you get your certification.

Welcome to the board. Glad to have another Chicago area diver here. Lake Michigan has some great shipwrecks to dive.

Welcome and enjoy the sport, you's guy's (did I get that right? :wink:) must have major shrinkage in that cold water!!

Hi Bret, welcome to SB, glad to have another diver in the area. Keep an eye on the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew - ScubaBoard section of SB as this is where lots of us will post for upcoming dives in the area. You can also look that The Chicago Scuba Meetup Group (Chicago, IL) - Meetup.com for more diving.

Good luck on your scuba certification. The training does not stop once the certification card ends up in your dive log book. The more you dive, the better you get and we have some really fantastic diving in our backyard. Once you get certified, let us know and so we can go diving with you.

Welcome to the Board. Duane's right Lake Michigan does have some awesome shipwrecks. For those times you can't get out on a charter check out Haigh Quarry down in Kankakee. Chicago has a very active diving community so good luck on getting your cert and then the pool's open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom