Hello from Coos Bay, Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seylerdl

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

This is a great board, and I have been eagerly reading the posts here, since I discovered this board a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I are new divers, having just completed our OW certification in Cozumel. We have only made 11 dives so far. Now that we are back from our vacation, we are trying to find out about the local dive opportunities here on the chilly Oregon coast. Would like to hear from anyone in this area who dives. What are some good spots to dive? I have found only one dive shop/ charter in the North Bend/Coos Bay area. Are there more?

Dave Seyler

Hi and Welcome to the boards!!
Congrats on your certification!

Be forewarned, Colwater diving is a lot different than the Caribean.

I love them both, My wife still hasn't decided about coldwater diving.

See you 'round the boards!:)

Originally posted by seylerdl
Hello, everyone!
Dave Seyler
Hello Dave!!!
Welcome to Scuba Board from the Puget Sound area...
I lived in Arago for 6+ years but wasn't diving back then so I don't know about dive sites but I will be interested to hear some dive reports from you when you find some!

Gotta go diving now... bye!

Welcome from Nevada. I'm originally from Oregon, but have yet to dive there. These sites might help:

Seaside Scuba
Aquasports
Other links

FWIW, my OW and AOW instructor owns a house on the Oregon coast, but has never dived there. Most people prefer Puget Sound. Enjoy.

Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the board as much as we all do.

Chad

:updown:

Hello from Southeastern Idaho!

I have a brother that lives in Coos Bay, but he doesn't dive.
I'm a big help, eh. :)

Well, WELCOME anyway!

You're gonna love this board.

:tree: Mudguppy

Back
Top Bottom